This guide will be covering the details on how you can get 100% achievements in Before Your Eyes. If you’re one of the players trying to obtain all Before Your Eyes achievements, this guide is for you.
Before we start, please note that this guide may contain spoilers of the game. Continue reading at your own risk. Looking for a certain achievement guide, just press the Ctrl+F keyboard combo and search for the name of the achievement.
Before Your Eyes Achievement Guide
There’s a total of 11 achievements that you can get in Before Your Eyes. None of these achievements are hidden or secret.
Below is an explanation of certain keywords you may see next to an achievement.
- Timed means you have the possibility of ending the scene without seeing the option for this achievement. If not interested in toughing it out, I recommend going into settings and unticking the box “use eye detection” so blinks are measured by left clicks.
- Playthrough Consistent means you need to do all of the actions listed in the same playthrough.
- Clarification Needed means I’m unsure about something and could use answers in the comments if you have them for me!
How to Get All Achievements
Eyes of Steel – You can win any staring contest.
- Clarification Needed. There was a bug preventing this achievement from unlocking, and I had it after the update, so I don’t know what unlocks it. I think it’s not blinking for a certain number of seconds. Most people seem to unlock it naturally.
Before Your Eyes – Complete the game.
- The only non-missable achievement in a playthrough. Finish the game.
Star Gazer – Complete the Constellation.
- Timed. In Chapter 6, depending on your first decision, in either about scene 2 or scene 4 you will be at the beach. Finish the constellation before you blink to the next scene.
- Clarification Needed. The constellation reappears when you’re in bed and Chloe is there in the second to last chapter, but I don’t know if you can finish it here and get the achievement.
Philhellenist – Choose Greece.
- Timed. In Chapter 2, when your dad is flipping through the photo book, choose Greece on the second page.
Egyptologist – Choose Egypt.
- Timed. In Chapter 2, when your dad is flipping through the photo book, choose Egypt on the second page.
Punctilious – Take all notes in class.
- Timed. In Chapter 4, scene two, wait around after you tell (or don’t tell) Chloe the answer. After you take notes on how the grades in the class are organized, you should get this achievement.
Redo – Live both sides of a big decision.
- In Chapter 6, scene one, when in your bed and presented with the two options, choose the opposite of whatever you did in your first playthrough.
Virtuoso – Ignore distractions from piano.
- Playthrough Consistent. Start from Chapter 5. In Chapter 5, scene 3, when playing the golden Bach book, don’t pick up the phone. Play through until you’re in your bed and have two options, and don’t pick up from the phone.
Even Keeled – Never show your anger.
- Clarification Needed. I would say this is just a playthrough consistent one where you never take an option to crumple or throw something, but I swear I’ve done that, and it still didn’t unlock. I haven’t crumpled or thrown anything, except for when your dad calls to say he’s selling the house, which appears to be unavoidable.
Obnoxious – Provoke the Ferryman’s ire.
- Timed. Start from Chapter One. Wait through the intro scene until the Ferryman asks you to blink to live through your life again. Wait a minute or so as he says more dialogue and continues to insult you. After he says he’s done with you, the achievement should pop up.
Where’s my face? – Recalibrate 10 times.
- Clarification Needed? In theory this should be nice and simple, but I’ve re-calibrated many more times than 10 and it hasn’t unlocked. Unless I’m missing something, this achievement is bugged.
Guide by Clankit.