Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is out now and one of the advantage that PS4 and Xbox One owners can use is the split-screen feature. In this article, you’ll learn how to properly set-up Black Ops 4 split-screen feature and enjoy playing with your friends.
For those who are wondering why we did not mention PC, it’s because the split screen is not an option for them. However, PS4 and Xbox One users can enjoy playing Blackout and Zombie mode along with their friends on the same roof.
How To Split-Screen Black Ops 4 On PS4
First things first. PS4 players need to activate their console as their primary console on their main account, and on the guest account, they can enjoy playing Blackout and Zombies with the split screen.
Guest players also need to confirm and make the console as their primary console after the end of the game. After things are done, load up Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 then check on the upper right side of the screen. There you will see a notice saying that split-screen will automatically start when a player hit the X button.
Here’s a step by step guide in case you missed something:
- Sign-in to PlayStation account
- Go to Settings and select Account Management
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4
- Then hit the Activate option
- Now, use the second controller to sign into the guest account
- Repeat steps 1-5
- Press the Home button on the first controller and load the game.
- Press X on the second controller to add the guest player to the game’s lobby
How To Split-Screen Black Ops 4 On Xbox One
Setting up split-screen on Xbox One is easy. First, make sure that you set the console as My Home Xbox to avoid connectivity issues. Do the same with the guest account.
Load Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and right after the man lobby is loaded, you will find a notice on the upper right of the screen that split-screen will begin once the A button on the 2nd controller is pressed.
Again, if the explanation above confused you here’s a step by step guide:
- Sign-in to Xbox account
- Hit the Guide button and go to Settings
- Go to Personalization and click My Home Xbox
- Load Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Use the 2nd controller to sign into the guest account
- Hit A button on the 2nd controller to add the guest account to the game’s lobby.
All in-game features such as Blackout, Zombie, and even Multiplayer mode are working with the split-screen feature. So what are you waiting for? Call your best buddy to tag along with you to play Black Ops 4!
If you want to learn more about the game, make sure to check out Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 guide.