The PlayStation 5 will be releasing soon and Sony has been continuously releasing the details of the game. Some of the details that have been revealed are the PlayStation 4’s games and peripherals compatibility.
According to Sony, PlayStation 4 owners can still use the peripheral of the old console such as the Dualshock controller. Knowing that you can use the PS4 Dualshock controller on PS5, you may be wondering if you can use the controller on the new games that will be released on PlayStation 5.
Sony has confirmed that PS4 Dualshock owners will only work on games that have been released on PlayStation 4. This means that the new games that will be releasing on PlayStation 5 will not support the PS4 Dualshock controller. The PlayStation 4 Dualshock controllers and other third-party controllers licensed for the old console will still work on PS4 games on PlayStation 5.
The PS4 Dualshock seems to be left behind in the long run. This is because of the reason that the other PlayStation 4 accessories will continue working on PlayStation 5. This is due to the adapter that will be offered for free by Sony. Below is the list of PlayStation 5 peripherals compatibility:
PlayStation 5 Accessory Compatibility
- PS4 DualShock controllers and other licensed third-party PS4 controllers (PS4 games only)
- Specialty peripherals (Licensed racing wheels, Arcade sticks, and Flight sticks)
- Gold and Platinum wireless headsets
- Third-party headsets with USB or audio jack (no headset companion app)
- PS Move and PS Aim controllers (PS VR)
- PlayStation Camera (PS VR)