This guide will be covering the steps on how you can get the 100% achievement in Curious Expedition 2. If you’re one of the players having a hard time obtaining all Curious Expedition 2 achievements, this guide is for you.
Before we start, take note that this guide may contain spoilers. If you’re looking for a certain achievement, you can simply search this article.
Curious Expedition 2 Achievement Guide
There’s a total of 52 achievements in the game. Four of these achievements are hidden and secret.
Story Related Achievement
The Adventure Begins – Finish the first expedition in 1886
- Just finish the first stage.
A Strange Artefact – Complete Act I
- Finish two random expeditions in 1886 and finish the 1886 story expedition.
Lost & Found & Lost Again – Complete Act II
- Finish two random expeditions in 1887 and finish the story expedition in 1887.
O Captain My Captain – Complete Act III
- Finish three random expeditions in 1888 and finish the 1888 story expedition.
Risk/Reward – Finish 20 three-skull expeditions
- Complete the three-skull expeditions. It might be better if you do it in the lower difficulties.
Traveller – Finish the campaign on Traveller difficulty
- Finish the entire campaign under Traveller difficulty.
Adventurer – Finish the campaign on Adventurer difficulty
- Finish the entire campaign under Adventurer difficulty.
Lunatic – Finish the campaign on Lunatic difficulty
- Finish the entire campaign under Lunatic difficulty.
Iron Man – Finish the campaign without dying
- Complete the entire campaign without the entire crew dying, and therefore fail. Your main character will drop to 0 health in battle without eliminating this obstacle. Of course, if you’re not sure, do this at a lower level of difficulty.
And Here Is Your Statue – Finish the campaign with at least 10000 total Fame
- If you’re going to do this, I suggest you go with pack animals and a balanced squad (but concentrate more on greens and blues for challenges) to get the most of the loot back.
Pacifism Ain’t Easy – Play the entire campaign without killing anything in combat
- One, choose the Stealthy Perk that helps you to lower your risk of attention. Two, when you choose expeditions, try not to choose any that include guardian animals, such as the orchid. Three, you can always go to the Taishi Academy and they can supply you with firecrackers until you get a few levels. Firecrackers will scare the local fauna away.
Cold Blood, Warm Heart – Free the salamander prince
- In one of the story quests, you’ll be told that the mole people caught the prince of salamanders. Get up with the mole people, ask them to recruit from them, and then recruit the salamander prince to obtain the achievement.
Now I’ve Seen It All – See all campaign endings
- At the end of the day, when you encounter Malin, you can opt to make the natives take the staff and the crystal, save Malin yourself or simply kill Malin. You’ve got to play several games for this achievement.
Class Related Achievements
Very Classy – Unlock all explorer classes
- Check the details below.
Cartographer – Discover 15 locations
- You need to reveal 15 question marks. You’re probably going to get it in a normal playthrough before the first year is out.
Taxonomist – Kill 30 animal groups
- Just keep killing groups of animals like hyenas, elephants, and what’s not on the map. After killing 30 groups of them, you unlock the Taxonomist achievement.
Shennong Herbalist – Learn a tribe type 10 times
- You can learn the type of tribe by doing the following:
- Meet them in the wild and ask them about it.
- Speak to the tribal ruler and ask him to learn from his people.
- Using tribal artifacts.
- Do this ten times, and you will unlock the Shennong Herbalist.
Plunderer – Rob 10 Shrines
- Find the Shrines on the map and loot them. Do this 10 times.
Red Flag Pirate – Find buried treasure 10 times
- Occasionally, you’ll get treasure maps that you can find with shovels. Alternatively, you can unlock the treasure corgi at the Royal Avalon Club, which can find and dig up treasures for you. Often village quests include seeking their lost religious relic. Do it ten times.
Nahua Seeker – Complete 5 islands without killing anything in combat
- Take the stealthy perk, schedule your journeys to avoid battle, use the Taishi Academy firecrackers to chase enemies out of the town, employ local hunters to fight troublesome enemies (since they are technically killed by locals not you). Do this for five expeditions.
Club Related Achievements
For the Club! – Participate in a Club Competition
- You unlock the Club Competitions when you first enter Act II. Join one of the clubs and finish the competition.
Dapper – Put on a hat
- You unlock hats by taking part in club competitions. They’re going to be available in Paris. If your team won the competition, the hat will be unlocked free of charge. If you don’t, you need to pay some expo fares.
The Workshop – Lux Labs: Reach max club level
- Continue playing the game with Lux Labs as a mission sponsor.
The Round Table – The Royal Avalon Society: Reach max club level
- Continue playing the game with Royal Avalon Society as a mission sponsor.
The Great Library – The Taishi Academy: Reach max club level
- Continue playing the game with Taishi Academy as a mission sponsor.
Single Expedition Achievements
Insomnia – Complete an island without resting
- Carry with you enough sanity to restore the provisions. It’s better achieved with easier islands.
Look Ma, No Equipment! – Complete an island with nothing equipped
- Only put everything in your person’s inventory when you’re in Paris before you’re on an expedition and get it done. Try to do this along with the Nahua Seeker unlock, since getting nothing fitted means that you’re going to have a rough time battling enemies. It’s better achieved with easier islands.
Zookeeper – Complete an island with an all-animal party (excluding leader)
- Terminate your human companions and pick up your animal companions. You can take your pet friends to the bar free of charge. You can also unlock the treasure corgi of the Royal Avalon Society. It’s better achieved with easier islands.
Frugal – Complete a standard expedition (non-story) without buying anything from the Ship Shop
- Your sanity is the biggest obstacle. You need to do a lot of scrounging and try to keep up with the locals so that you can relax in the villages. If you are a plunderer, you can use the Shrines to regain your sanity by plundering. Other possible characters who can help are a missionary who allows you to rest for free in missions, a chef who can help you make better use of the meat to restore sanity, and a translator who helps you better restore sanity in villages.
Treasure Hunt – Bring back 500 fame of items in one expedition
- Bring a lot of artifacts back. Some tribes may have jewellery kits that you can use to improve the value and fame of the items. Grab it and use it.
Discovery – Discover 500 locations
- More or less, the continuation of the cartographer unlocks. Just keep on exploring new locations. You’re finally going to get this one.
X Marks the Spot – Find buried treasure 50 times
- More or less, the continuation of the Red Flag Pirate unlock. Keep digging out.
Spooky! – Meet a ghost
- Some of the shipwrecks have pirate ghosts. Approach any of these ghost pirates and this achievement will be unlocked.
Fire and Flood – Kill an enemy using the environment
- You can do this by luring an opponent to a shrine that has hazards (volcano or chasm). Trigger the impact of the shrine trap and take down the enemy.
Good Mama – Raise a dinosaur from egg to adulthood
- In many cases, you will find strange eggs. I usually recommend moving to the prehistoric areas to minimize the chances of eggs hatching a turtle. When you get the dino, keep going until it hatches. Then keep going until the baby dino grows up.
Practical Palaeontology – Ride a dinosaur
- Follow the Good Mama guide for an adult dino. Get a saddle and get this one to show up.
Roll to Save – Successfully complete 100 dice challenges
- Keep playing the dice challenges. You can still use potions bought from the supply ship when you start helping to finish the challenges.
Under the Table – Win all rounds of the drinking contest
- This is a random event while you’re in Paris. It should be simpler as a combat-oriented character (big game hunter/taxonomist) because the challenge requires a red die.
Shortening of the Way – Kill a Giant Sandworm
- You need good protection and attack to get this one. Sandworm has around 400 health.
No Laughing Matter – Kill 100 hyenas
- Just kill a hundred of them. Hyenas are not powerful, but they do come in big packs. Dynamites combined with blue rolls can quickly wipe out the entire group.
Veteran Explorer – Promote a character to max level
- Keep on playing and promoting your characters. You get XP to discover locations, encounters, and battle.
Level Up – Promote a character 100 times
- Keep promoting the characters 100 times. It may be over several playthroughs.
Native Understanding – Fully complete 5 Anthropology checklists
- When you go on the expedition, you get a list of things to do as an anthropologist. Fill the checklist 5 times and you’re going to get this.
Errand Runner – Complete 20 village quests
- Get up to 3 standing with the village, meet the local ruler. Ask about a mission. Complete the challenges and do it 20 times.
I Set Forth Again… and Again… and Again… – Earn 100000 total fame
SCHMETTERLING – Collect 50 butterflies
- Just catch butterflies during your exploration.
A Perfect Map – Fully complete a Cartography map on a 4-region island
- You get this by playing as the cartographer. Choose an archipelago expedition and, in later games, you will gradually meet larger 4-region island expeditions. Just complete a map.
A Gentle Beast – Tame the mysterious Red Elk
Everything is FINE… – Get a character with 6+ mental ailments
Abominable Hunger – Allow an Abomination to eat a party member
It’s Complicated – Witness a cross-species love affair