Gears 5 developed by The Coalition can now be downloaded on Steam for a limited.
In an announcement earlier today, Microsoft has revealed that the third-person shooter action video game Gears 5 will be free on Steam until April 12, 2020. PC gamers will be able to access the game until the said date.
During the free-play period, players will be able to access all features of the game such as the single-player campaign and multiplayer mode. On Steam, Gears 5 has received an overwhelming 6 out of 10 ratings with over 8,400 reviews.
Gears 5 Key Features
- Three-player Campaign Co-op: Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.
- Tours of Duty: Rank up from new recruit to four-star general in Gears Tours of Duty. Take on new and exciting challenges, earn awesome rewards, and show off your loot.
- Boot Camp: New to Gears or just a little rusty? Bootcamp is a fun way to learn the ropes, from the basics to advanced combat techniques.
- Play as Jack: Play as Jack, your personal flying support bot that can protect allies and damage enemies – perfect for players new to Gears.
- Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K and HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second on compatible machines
Gears 5 is available on PC via Steam, Xbox One, and soon, Xbox Series X.