Just a few weeks ago, Niantic released the new research system in Pokemon GO, and interestingly this new feature is still a major hit. The research system offers players a series of challenges to complete on a daily basis and as a reward, players will receive items while some are special encounters.
Following these updates, Niantic announced that starting on May 1st, Pokemon GO players will now receive new Field Research Tasks in order to receive items and a chance for a Pokemon encounter.
The new research tasks are divided into three groups, each group offers different rewards. Below are the details of the new Field Research Tasks and its rewards.[sociallocker id=”1667″]
Catching and Throwing Tasks
- Catch 10 Pokemon – Magikarp
- Catch 3 Electric-Type Pokemon – Pikachu
- Catch 3 Flying-Type Pokemon – Doduo
- Catch 5 Flying-Type Pokemon – Gligar
- Catch 3 Poison-Type Pokemon – Grimer
- Catch 3 Dark-Type Pokemon – Info coming soon!
- Catch a Dragon-Type Pokemon – 3 Rare Candy/Dratini
- Catch 3 Water-, Electric-, or Bug-Type Pokemon – Electrike
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost – Poliwag/Vulpix
- Catch 10 Pokémon with Weather Boost – Charmander
- Catch 20 Pokémon with Weather Boost – Ninetales
- Catch 3 Pidgey or Murkrow – Ekans
- Catch 3 Oddish or Bellsprout – Tangela
- Catch 3 Meowth or Skitty – Info coming soon!
- Catch 3 Treecko or Mudkip – Info coming soon!
- Catch a Ditto – 3 Rare Candy
- Make 5 Nice throws – Voltorb/Electrode
- Make 3 Nice Curveball throws in a row – Electrode
- Make 3 Great throws – Gastly
- Make 5 Great throws in a row – Flaafy/Onix/1 Rare Candy
- Make 3 Great Curveball throws in a row – Onix/Charmeleon
- Make an Excellent throw -Info coming soon!
- Make 3 Excellent throws -Info coming soon!
- Make 3 Excellent throws in a row – Larvitar
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon – Info coming soon!
Power Up and Evolve Tasks
- Evolve a Pokemon – Eevee
- Evolve 5 Pokemon – Charmander
- Evolve 3 Electric Type Pokemon – Jolteon
- Power up a Pokemon – Plusle (NA/EU)
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times – Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Charmander
- Power up a Pokemon 7 times – Magneton
Gym Battles and Raids Tasks
- Battle a Gym – Minun (NA/EU)
- Battle a Gym 3 times – Jynx
- Battle a Gym 5 times – Mankey/Machop
- Win a Gym battle – Squirtle
- Win 3 Gym Battles – Jynx/1 Rare Candy
- Use a Supereffective Charged Attack in a Gym Battle – Info coming soon!
- Use a supereffective Charged Attack in 5 Gym Battles – Charged TM
- Use a Supereffective Charged Attack in 7 Gym Battles – Electabuzz/1 Rare Candy
- Battle in a Raid – Minun
- Battle in 3 Raids – Info coming soon!
- Battle in 5 Raids – Info coming soon!
- Battle in a Lvl 3 or higher Raid – 1 Rare Candy
- Win a Raid – Info coming soon!
- Win 2 Raids – Info coming soon!
- Win 3 Raids – Info coming soon!
- Win 5 Raids – Sudowoodo/Ditto
- Win a Lvl 3 or higher Raid – 1 Rare Candy
- Spin 6 new Pokestops – Aerodactyl
- Hatch an Egg – Exeggcute (same as before)
- Hatch 3 Eggs – 1 Rare Candy
- Hatch 5 Egss – Chansey
- Earn a candy for walking with a buddy – Swablu
[/sociallocker]That’s all the information that we got so far. We will be updating this article as soon as we find new info about the field research tasks.