Developer Crytek has rolled out the newest Hunt: Showdown update 1.3 bringing weapon changes and new contents to the game.
The Hunt: Showdown update version 1.3 was released today, April 14th, to address known game issues and adding new contents in the game. The main highlight of the update weapon and equipment balancing, new legendary content, new AI variations, and improved gameplay experience.
In addition, the patch also includes game fixes and overall game stability improvements. Find the detailed update changelog below.
Hunt: Showdown Update 1.3 Patch Notes
- New Grunt AI variation
- Carries a medical kit (similar to the ones players can find at resupply stations or randomly in the world) on his back that he drops when killed.
- Wields a rusty bone saw that causes poison damage.
- New Armored AI variation.
- Fully entangled in concertina wire, this Armored causes bleeding damage when a Hunter gets too close.
- More resistant to melee attacks in general.
- Less resistant to all types of bullets.
- Adjusted the pitch of footsteps to sound slightly higher for teammates and slightly lower for enemies compared to Player footsteps.
- Slightly increased the audible distance of breaking branches that can be found in forest areas.
Mosin-Nagant M1891 Obrez Drum
- An Obrez variant that features the 15 round drum magazine known from the Avtomat variant on this classic bolt-action.
- With a 15/0 ammo pool, total ammunition remains the same however, the Obrez Drum does not need to be reloaded during a fight.
- Available in the Mosin-Nagant M1891 unlock tree within the Book of Weapons, found between the Mosin-Nagant Sniper and Mosin-Nagant Avtomat variants.
Henry-Martini IC1 Marksman
- A Martini-Henry variant with an attached medium-sized marksman scope for increased ranged capabilities.
- Available at the end of the Martini-Henry unlock tree in the Book of Weapons.
- New tool with three charges.
- Mimics a lit explosive when thrown, but does not explode or deal damage after its fuse time.
- Can be used to deceive opponents and flush them out of cover.
- Can be used to break stalemates by pushing into seemingly hazardous positions.
- New unlock option for the Deception tree in the Book of Weapons.
- A new trait that allows lever-action rifles like the Winfield series to rapid-fire when aiming from the shoulder.
- Hard to control, but allows shots to be fired at a staggering rate of fire. Levering gives additional flexibility in close range to stand your ground against Shotguns and other rapid-fire weapons.
- Like “Fanning” for single-action revolvers, Levering does not work when aiming down sights (ADS).
- Reworked Chaos Bomb patterns and added more weapon sounds for it to be more likely interpreted as real gunfights.
- Improved handling of successive heavy melee attacks for some bayonet and talon variants.
- Improved handling of successive heavy melee attacks for the crossbow.
- Systemically – just like with Levering – Fanning now also causes slightly increased crosshair spread bloom compared to when firing it normally.
- Consistency pass made on the time it takes to get 100% accuracy when entering scope view across all aperture, deadeye, marksman and sniper weapon variants.
- Derringer, Throwing Knives, Decoys and Blankfire Decoys are now 100% refilled when their tool slot is randomly chosen for resupply upon looting a dead Hunter or using an Item Box. All other items still only receive one extra use per interaction.
- Reduced the stamina cost for Heavy Attacks with the Knuckle Knife to allow 6 instead of 4 heavy attacks
- Balancing pass for weapon projectiles that increases damage-retention over distance based on bullet type:
- In general damage drop curves have been smoothened out, resulting in most projectiles losing less damage as they travel.
- Compact Bullets have seen the biggest boost, most notably the Winfield rifles, retaining their damage much better at medium to long-distance also resulting in overall increased effective range for headshot kills.
- New Compact Pistol Bullet and Medium Pistol Bullet sub-classes have been introduced to better help balance rifles vs. handguns using the same Compact or Medium ammo class.
- So far this was only the case for Long ammo with the Uppercut, which has a stronger damage drop over distance than Long ammo rifles in comparison.
- The new pistol variants help ensure that the headshot range boost does not go through the roof for handguns for those cases where we want to boost rifles.
- Powerful handguns like the Uppercut and Dolch now receive a stronger competition at short to medium distances as they remain largely unchanged when it comes to damage per shot or headshot range compared to their smaller cousins.
- Firing your weapons excessively can cause temporary hearing impairment. The loud gunfire stresses your ears and thus produces a ringing effect that will last for a few seconds.
- This is intended as a soft-counter mechanic to spamming Avtomat, Dolch, fanning pistols, levering repeaters, or using other rapid-fire weapons, making you possibly miss some sounds around you or making it harder to keep track of enemy movements while suffering from ear-ringing.
- The intention is to encourage players to fire their weapons with careful aim and consider their shots instead of spamming.
- The Mosin-Nagant M1891 Avtomat has been re-imagined with an updated look and has also been rebooted gameplay-wise.
- Increased rate of fire from 400rpm to 545rpm.
- Increased the minimum amount of bullets fired per burst from 2 to 3.
- Reduced weapon handling by making recoil harder to control during rapid fire.
- Reduced initial accuracy when fired from the shoulder.
- When firing a 3-shot burst and force-swapping weapons to cancel firing, the remaining bullets from that burst are lost to avoid players trying to snipe with the weapon.
- Reduced the cost slightly.
- Increased price from $96 to $201Bornheim No.3 Extended
- Increased price from $131 to $306Bornheim No.3 Match
- Increased price from $119 to $224Mosin-Nagant M1891 Avtomat
- Reduced price from $1500 to $1250
New Weapon Added: Mosin-Nagant M1891 Obrez Drum
- Added for $350
New Weapon Added: Henry-Martini IC1 Marksman
- Added for $173
New Tool Added: Decoy Fuses
- Added for $60
News Feed (Coming Soon!)
- A new banner in the lobby has been added to highlight important news and announcements to the players.
- The News Feed will inform players about the following items:
- New Releases (content updates, DLC, etc.).
- Community updates (blogposts, etc.).
- Sales events and special promotions.
- Maintenance Mode warning.
Legendary Ruleset Changes:
- When first unlocking a legendary Hunter, players will automatically recruit a free version into their roster.
- In case the roster is full already, a temporary extra slot will be added which is removed once any Hunter dies and frees up a slot again.
- Players can now recruit any legendary Hunters into their roster as often as they like.
- Players can now buy any legendary equipment with the same limitations as for regular equipment.
- Every Hunter can have any legendary gear, even if other Hunters already use the same items.
New Legendary Weapons:
- Added Caldwell Conversion Chain Pistol “Hedera Mortiferum” – 0 Blood Bonds (free for all players!)
- Added Cavalry Saber “Mot Juste” – 400 Blood Bonds
- Added Martini-Henry IC1 “Long Hand” – 400 Blood Bonds
New Legendary Hunters:
- Added “Redneck” – 500 Blood Bonds
- Optimized the Banishment assets
- Optimize character spawning (first character spawn stall)
Hunt: Showdown is available on PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.