Developer Frontier Developments plc has released the newest Planet Zoo update 1.2.1 fixing DLC issues and other in-game bugs and problems.
The new Planet Zoo update version 1.2.1 has been rolled out today, April 8, 2020, and players can now download this update on their system. To get the latest update, players just need to open the Steam app and the game will be automatically updated.
Apart from fixing the known issues, this patch also brings more game stability and enhancement. You can check the full update changelog below.
Planet Zoo Update 1.2.1 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue with an incorrect DLC popup and subsequent crash when clicking it from loading saves that have existed from beta/release. Some assets thought not to have been released had been cleaned up and needed further tweaks to work.
- Fixed a crash accessing genealogy screen for animals not in your own park.
- Fixed a crash calculating the shelter map.
- Fixed a rare crash accessing the object browser.
- Fixed a rare background crash updating ride power consumption.
- Fixed a rare crash opening the inspector’s report.
- Animals are getting thirsty twice as fast as normal. Placing a permanent water source (lake or water pipe) will help to alleviate this while we work on a fix.
- Animals aren’t going to water sources to drink. We believe this is possibly caused by the navigation issue below and are continuing to investigate.
- Navigation mesh for large zoos and habitats is taking a long time to generate. If your animals and staff inside habitats aren’t moving and standing on the spot then the navigation mesh will still be generating; pausing the game and leaving the navigation to generate will fix this, save as soon as it’s complete to avoid needing to do this again. This issue affects every zoo.
Planet Zoo was released in September 2019 and it is currently available on Windows PC via Steam.