This guide will be covering the basic and intermediate tips that you can use in PlanetSide 2 to help you survive. Discover the do’s and don’ts while playing as infantry in the game.
If you’re one of the players of PlanetSide 2 and currently having a hard time dealing with the infantry, this guide is for you.
Things to Do
- Communications is very important, especially in the quick and intense fights that planetside 2 brings so listen to your squad leader as much as your platoon leader.
- Router runners are always welcome in a platoon.
- There’s no such thing as too many sundies.
- Rather than using drifter jump jets as a c4 fairy, combe the ambusher jump jets with the safe fall module. This will give you a better chance at dropping those bad boys before they know what hit them.
- Skyguards are the most effective ground to air units for creating a no-fly zone for enemy ESF’s.
- Burst fire is a good method that helps to keep a line of fire on your target while sacrificing less accuracy.
- Place tank mines behind a significant amount of cover. Vehicles desperate for repair will race to cover.
- Strafe side to side when shooting, this will give you a better chance at survival one on one.
- Regardless of however much time is left on the point, expect anything to happen.
- Hardlight barriers are effective at stalling your target, giving you the jump on them.
- If you are an experienced infiltrator, use the cordium bomb and place it under a sundie. This will give the timer more cover before they can be diffused.
- If your platoon leader calls for a Max crash and you do not have enough nanites, equip your engineer class with the Pandora, do not use slug ammunition. This shotgun gives you the best chance at killing a Max in close quarters.
- Whenever you are on a single point as a medic, tuck yourself into the corner to avoid being the first to get killed. This will allow you the opportunity to throw revive grenades with increased coverage time.
- If you find yourself in the parameters of an orbital strike, anchor yourself into the nearest corner and run in place. This will result in minimal damage taken.
- Decoy grenades can distract turrets.
- If you have a mic, even if you aren’t in a leading position, making calls can save you and your platoon lots of time. etc. (” Watch out, there’s a max on A”)
Things Not to Do
- Don’t go to bio lab fights, ever. The only exception is Ikanam Bio Lab, and that’s if your platoon/squad lead decides to go there.
- Don’t fire the guns on a cloaked sundie, giving away our spawn location is the last thing we want to do.
- If a majority of your faction is at a fight, don’t go to the fight unless your platoon/squad lead deems it necessary.
- Don’t overload the generators at amp stations, spawn GSD sundies. They will allow you to slip through the barriers.
- Don’t blow up vehicle terminals, let infiltrators hack them so we can use them to our advantage.
- Never place routers in trees.
- When your platoon/squad lead asks people to put beacons up call out whenever you put a beacon up. Two beacons cannot be present in the same squad, therefore, the most recently placed beacon will override the older one.
- Do not immediately auto spawn, check the map to make sure there aren’t any closer spawn solutions.
- As a medic, if any of your squadmates decide to defy orders and fight outside of the point building, don’t go out of your way to save them, losing a medic while trying to hold a point is the last thing a platoon needs.
- Don’t place infantry mines in the point area, you are risking the safety of your squadmates. Place them outside the area.
- Don’t run into a fight blind, use the buddy system and go into the fight alongside another ally.