In addition to the 30 million copies sold since the release, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds revealed that the game also made a total of $712 million in 2017.
Well, we can’t argue about that. If there’s a game that will define 2017, it would have to be the PUBG. During its first few months, the numbers of total players who joined the battle royale is a boom. According to its annual review by Super Data Research, PUBG is the most successful premium video game in PC and Xbox in 2017.
In addition to the report, the game earned double compared to what Overwatch did last year. Here’s what they say about the earnings that the game made for 2017:
In just eight months after its March release, PUBG overtook recurrent heavyweights Overwatch and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to claim the number one spot. The title’s unexpected popularity made the Battle Royale genre the third largest in revenue behind action-adventure and shooter games.
PUBG’s success is pretty surprising news to the gaming industry. However, the numbers don’t lie. In an early report, GameRant revealed that the game has sold over 30 million copies across PC and Xbox.
You Might also Like
- PUBG Update 7.1 Released, Bug Fixes and Gameplay Improvements
- PUBG Update 1.41 Now Available, Full Patch Notes Here
- PUBG Update 6.3 Brings Panzerfaust, Weapon Balancing, and More
- PUBG Crossplay Support Now Available on PS4 and Xbox One
- Vikendi Map Finally Arrives To PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds PS4