To celebrate the new year, Pokemon GO has announced a new event featuring the Hoenn region Pokemon along with some shiny and Legendary Pokemon.
Starting on January 15th, Tuesday, Pokemon GO fans around the world will be able to frequently encounter Hoenn region Pokemon such as Breloom, Feebas, and more. In addition, the event will also increase the spawn rate of shiny Zigzagoon and Taillow.
The field research will also highlight Pokemon originally discovered from the Hoenn region. If you haven’t caught the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon, now is the time to get them as they return in Raid Battles.
If you’re planning to participate in the event, here are the things that you will see during the period:
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Field Research will highlight Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
- Raid Battles will include Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, such as the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will have an increased chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs.
- If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot!
- You’ll have a chance of encountering Shiny Zigzagoon and Shiny Taillow!
- New avatar items inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua—the original villains of the Hoenn region in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire—will be available in the Style Shop.
This event will be available starting on January 15th to January 29th.