In Pokemon GO, there are Pokemon called Regional Pokemon that only spawn on specific parts of the world. Given that these Pokemon can only be found and caught in a certain region, it makes them rare Pokemon, which is the reason why you should catch them in case you encounter one.
So, what are the Regional Pokemon and where you can find them? Below is the list to answer that question.
List of Regional Pokemon and Their Spawn Locations
- Farfetch’d – Found in South Korean, Japan, Taiwan, and Hong-Kong.
- Mr. Mime – Found all over Europe.
- Heracross – Found in South and Central America.
- Kangaskhan – Found all over Australia.
- Tauros – Found in North America.
- Corsola – Found in coastal areas of the countries near the equator.
- Illumise – Found all over America and Africa. May swap with Volbeat.
- Volbeat – Found all over Europe, Asia, and Australia. May swap with Illumise.
- Torkoal – Found in Western and South-East Asia
- Zangoose – Found all over Europe, Asia, and Australia. May swap with Seviper.
- Seviper – Found all over America and Africa. May swap with Zangoose.
- Lunatone – Found all over America and Africa. May swap with Solrock.
- Solrock – Found all over Europe, Asia, and Australia. May swap with Lunatone.
- Tropius – Found all over Africa and the Middle East.
- Relicanth – Found in New Zealand and Fiji.
- Pachirisu – Found in Canada, Russia, and Alaska.
- Chatot – Found in countries in Southern Hemisphere.
- Carnivine – Found in South-East America.
As of writing, there’s a total of 18 Regional Pokemon in Pokemon GO. This list may change once Niantic decides to release a new set of Pokemon that includes new Regional Pokemon. We will be updating this post once an update has been made.