Team GO Rocket boss Giovanni is now live in Pokemon GO, and along with his arrival, more shadow Pokemon are being infected in the wild. Unlike the three Team GO Rocket leaders, Giovanni is using strong Pokemon, including a Legendary Pokemon.
Currently, he is using one of the three legendary birds from the Kanto region, Shadow Articuno. Defeating Giovanni will give you a chance to purify and catch the Legendary Articuno. To help you beat the Team GO Rocket boss, continue reading our guide below.
Pokemon GO Giovanni Pokemon Lineup
Similar to the anime, Giovanni has his own Persian in Pokemon GO. It is one of the Pokemon that you need to defeat. There are three phases before you defeat Giovanni, and each stage, you need to defeat all of his Pokemon. Below are the Pokemon that Giovanni is using.
- Stage #1 – Persian
- Stage #2 – Dugtrio, Ryhdon, and Hippowdon
- Stage #3 – Articuno
How to Beat Giovanni
Given that Giovanni has some serious Pokemon lineup, here is our recommendation to counter each one of them.
- Stage #1
- Persian Counter – Lucario, Machamp, Blaziken, and Poliwrath
- Stage #2
- Dugtrio Counter – Swampert, Kyogre, Gyarados, and Torterra
- Rhydon Counter – Swampert, Kyogre, Gyarados, and Torterra
- Hippowdon Counter – Swampert, Kyogre, Torterra, and Dialga
- Stage #3
- Articuno Counter – Tyranitar, Regirock, Aggron, and Typholosion
Currently, these are the best Pokemon to counter all of Giovanni’s Pokemon. Please be reminded that Giovanni may change his lineup soon. Bookmark this page to make sure you get the latest update.