Niantic has announced the return of the Pokemon GO Water Festival Event this month featuring the spawn rate increase of Water-type Pokemon and in-game bonuses.
According to the announcement, Pokemon GO Water Festival 2019 will be available from August 23rd until August 30th. During the event, players will be able to encounter the following in-game bonuses:
- 2x Hatch Candy
- Spawn rate increase of Water-type Pokemon like Wooper, Wailmer, and more.
- Water-type Pokemon will hatch more often from Eggs.
- Water-type Pokemon will be available in Raids.
- Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer.
- Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach will also be available during the event.
- If your buddy is a Water-type Pokemon, it will be earning more Buddy Candy.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) August 15, 2019
In addition to the features above, Niantic also confirmed that Water-type Pokemon Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf will also be available in 5-star Raid Battles. These three Pokemon were released a few months ago but after the event, it also disappeared.
The three Lake Guardians are region-specific which makes these Pokemon rare. If you haven’t caught any of these Pokemon, make sure to mark the calendar for their return. Here is the region where they will be spawning:
- Uxie: Asia-Pacific
- Mesprit: Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India
- Azelf: Americas and Greenland
For more Pokemon GO news and updates, make sure to check this link.