As we all know, Niantic already released the Legendary Kyogre in Pokemon GO. Similar to the other Legendary Pokemon that have been released, Kyogre can also be found in Raid Battles.
All Pokemon have their weaknesses and so Kyogre has its own too. This Legendary Pokemon is listed in Tier 5 Legendary Raid Bosses with a total CP of 51968, weak against Grass and Electric-type Pokemon but strong against Ice, Fire, Steel and Water-type Pokemon.
Since Kyogre is a Legendary Pokemon, it is obvious that it’s not soloable. We recommend at least 5-6 trainers in order to take down this Pokemon. To make things easier for you, we made a list of top 10 Pokemon that can counter the Legendary Kyogre.
Strongest Counter To The Legendary Kyogre
- Zapdos with Charge Beam/Thunderbolt
- Raikou with ThunderShock/Wild Charge
- Exeggutor with Confusion/Solar Beam
- Venusar with Vine Whip/Solar Beam
- Ludicolo with Razor Leaf/Solar Beam
- Sceptile with Fury Cutter/Leaf Blade
- Victreebel with Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Groudon with Mud Shot/Solar Beam
- Shiftry with Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade
- Mewtwo with Confusion/Shadow Ball
Also, please be reminded that Kyogre has a good list of skill set:
- Blizzard – charged
- Hydro Pump – charged
- Thunder – charged
- Waterfall – fast
Last but not the least, you should take advantage of Kyogre when the weather is raining to get him at Level 25 with a max CP of 2910. Kyogre’s move will be boosted but of course, rai also boosts all Electric-type Pokemon. With that in mind, Raikou and Zapdos is the best choice to counter Kyogre.
Now that you have the guide and extra tips, go out now and catch the Legendary Kyagro. And also don’t forget that this Legendary Pokemon has its time limit to stay in the game until February 14th at exactly 1:00 PM PST.