This guide will be giving you the answers to all the questions that you have in Valheim. Feel free to use the Ctrl+F key to search for the specific question.
Every Valheim Questions and Answers
- The first pickaxe you’re able to get, you’ll unlock the recipe after defeating the first boss. Kill the first boss, one of its drops is required for the most basic pickaxe. After you get the first pickaxe you can go mine copper, tin, and make bronze to craft a bronze pick.
About Stone axe
- At the start of the game, pick up branches and stones off the ground, open your inventory and on the right side, Craft it.
How to get amazing screenshots and remove HUD/INTERFACE.
- CTRL + F.
- Right on the limit between water and land, in meadow biomes
Can I move the server folder from the SteamCMD to Valheim folder?
- You will need to move the entire directory if so or else SteamCMD will need to download its update files again. Other than that the SteamCMD files don’t care where they live.
Any NPC or something or only bosses for now?
- There’s a trader, that’s about it for now.
Where’s it store saved data on Linux server?
- /home/user/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds at least that’s where the Dedicated.db and Dedicated.fw1 live
How to mine ores?
- Well, with a pickaxe of course.
Where to find the black forest?
- It’s a different biome and the trees are different.
How to build?
- Craft a hammer. Equip the hammer. Press Build keybind.
How to get leather quickly?
- By only killing those who drop it.
I know copper is in the Black Forest but is there a special rock I should look out for?
- Just hover over everything, if it gots a name, bash it.
Are there swords in-game?
How to repair items?
- Use the workbench to repair, to the left of the crafting list.
How to split items?
- With shift.
How do you put a waypoint on the map?
- Choose your marker at the bottom right, and double click where you want it on the map, then type a name if you want to.
What do the sulter cores look like? Do I just dig into a mountain or is there a tell?
- Go underground, roam black forests.
Do resources respawn?
- Flint and berry bushes respawn.
How to change your spawn point?
- With a bed.
How big is the map?
- From the middle, the map is 10.000 in each direction!
How to upgrade your workbench?
- Make a chopping block with flint and wood place it near the workbench.
Are we partnered with G-Portals?
- We’re not partnered with g-portals. You’re on your own with rental of servers.
How to get quick wood?
- Make a workbench near an abandoned structure and then use a hammer to deconstruct for easier wood farming at the start.
Has anyone figured out how to have a fire indoors?
- You need to place campfires on soil, so make a little chimney surrounded by walls if you want, linked to your house, without a floor.
What happens if you die, lose all the stuff that’s on you?
- It creates a tombstone at your point of death, a marker on your map represented by a skull, so you can go back to where you died and get your stuff back. You do also use a % of your skill’s levels. If you die on the sea, your tombstone will float.
How many mobs are there?
- 30 mobs.
How many trophies are there and how rare is it?
- 30 trophies, it’s rare to get and sometimes isn’t.
Where is this trader?
- He’s a small money bag, you’ll see him on the map on a far distance. It’s always in a black forest and also has 20 different spawn locations.
How to put things on your back?
- Press R to put weapons on your back to look awesome.
How to plant seeds?
- You need a cultivator.
Can you expand your inventory?
- No, you can’t right now.
How to train animals?
- Feeding, interacting and being friendly with them.
How to craft a blast furnace?
- Have the 4th boss killed, 20 Stone, 10 iron, 5 surtling core, 20 fine wood, artisan table.
Is there fast-travel or an option to mount animals?
- No, but it’s being talked about.
Can I fish?
- Yes, but you need to buy a fishing rod from the trader.
How to tame a boar?
- Build a pen with a small opening. Find a boar, get it angry and once the boar is in the pen close the door so you basically ‘catched’ it. Then feed it with turnips or carrots. If you press E on the boar and feed it you get piglets.
Where to find beehives and Queen bees?
- Abandoned houses. You need honey to make a lot of things, mostly potions. Very handy/useful to have!
How do you get the honey from the bees in the abandoned house?
- Break the beehive and they will drop several stuffs, sometimes honey, but that will unlock a new recipe where you can build your own beehives, I just placed a couple and I’m waiting to see what happens (beehives must be placed on the outside in order to “work”).
How to throw away items?
- CTRL + LEFT CLICK will throw your item out of inventory.
Do mobs hear you? Why do mobs encounter me when using my pickaxe?
- All mobs in the game are hearing sounds.
What is the biome progression?
- medows > black forrest > swamp > mountain > plains
What is considered a roof for the crafting workbench?
- Thatched roof parts.
How do I know what weapon to use against which monster?
- Yellow damage means the monsters are weak against that type. White is normal and grey means they have resistance against that type.