How to Fix Kena: Bridge of Spirits Crash, Lag, and Other Performance Issues
Just like any other PC game, Kena: Bridge of Spirits is not exempted from encountering random crashes, freezing, stuttering, lagging, and other performance issues. While developer Ember Lab has been constantly releasing new updates to fix these issues in Kena: Bridge of Spirits, there are still players who are getting these annoying problems. So in this guide, we will be giving you the recommended methods to fix the issues in the game.
Fix Crashing Issues
Typically, Kena: Bridge of Spirits crashes are usually caused by driver incompatibilities, antivirus, or even Epic Games Launcher client issues.
Check Kena: Bridge of Spirits’ Minimum System Requirements
- This is the first thing that you need to do. Make sure that your PC is well-equipped to run Kena: Bridge of Spirits smoothly. If your hardware meets the minimum requirements, then you’re good to go. Here is the Kena: Bridge of Spirits full system requirements.
Update GPU Drivers
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits requires the latest driver to run. If your GPU driver is too old, it can wreak havoc on the game. You can visit your hardware manufacturer’s website and get the latest driver for your GPU. As for our recommendation, you can download and install IObit’s driver booster or Driver Easy. This software will automatically fetch all available driver updates. This also means that you will also get the latest updates for some drivers that have been unnoticed.
Run a Malware Scan
- Most of the newly installed games crash. If your computer is infected with malware, there’s a chance that your newly installed files for Kena: Bridge of Spirits are being deleted by the malware. It is highly recommended to have malware security software installed on your PC. In our case, we have been using Malwarebytes for a long time now. So far, all malware attempts to infiltrate our PC have been immediately blocked.
Fix Performance Issues (Lag and Stuttering)
Switch Between Fullscreen/Windowed Mode
- We’re not really sure why, but on some machines, Fullscreen mode is faster than Windowed mode. If the Fullscreen mode is not working to fix the lag and low FPS, switch back to Windowed mode.
- While disabling Vsync can cause some screen tearing, it can also add some smooth framerate on medium-to low-end PCs. This will help you boost your FPS while running the game. You can also disable Vsync using your graphics control panels such as Nvidia Control Panel and AMD Control Panel.
Prioritize Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- While the Windows OS usually balances all the load work and programs running in the background, some software is also being left behind. Setting the prioritization of Kena: Bridge of Spirits to High will help boost the FPS of the game.
If you still have more concerns about Kena: Bridge of Spirits, you can try reaching out to the official support.