How to Fix Little Nightmares II Controller Not Working Issue (Solved)
This guide will be showing you how to fix the gamepad controller issues in Little Nightmares II on Windows PC. Since the release of the game, many players have been reporting that their controllers are not working on Little Nightmares II.
To address this Little Nightmares II controller issue, we have compiled all the methods that will solve the problem.
How to Fix Little Nightmares II Controller Issue
Below are the steps on how to fix the not working controller in Little Nightmares II.
Fix 1: Steam Configuration
As this game is available on Steam, let’s start with this method. Make sure your controller is properly configured on Steam to work with Little Nightmares II. Check out the steps below to configure your Steam controller.
- Open Steam application
- On the top left, Click Steam and select Settings
- Go to Controller section and click General Controller Settings
- Select your gaming controller by clicking the tick box
- Click the Back button or simply close the window.
The last thing you have to do is launch Little Nightmares II and check if the controller issue has been fixed. Please note that you need to plug your controller before launching the gaming.
Fix 2: Driver Update
One of the most common issues for a non-responsive controller is that it doesn’t work in Little Nightmares II is an outdated or incompatible driver on your computer. To fix this issue, you can try installing a generic controller driver found in your computer. Usually, this method works like a magic. If you haven’t tried it yet, here’s how to install a generic controller driver.
- Plug the controller on your PC.
- Open Device Manager and find the USB Root Hub option.
- Right-click and select Update Driver.
- Choose the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer option.
- Choose USB Root Hub from the list and hit Next.
If more than 2 USB Root Hub option is appearing on your Device Manager, simply repeat the process on the remaining root hub.
Another method we can use is to update the driver using Xbox 360 Peripherals that can be found in your computer’s settings. To do this, simply follow the following steps:
- Connect the controller on your PC
- Open Device Manager and look for Other Devices option.
- Right-click the device with the question mark icon and select Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Pick Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Find and select Xbox 360 Peripherals.
- Select Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and hit next.
- Confirm changes by hitting Yes option and close the Device Manager.
Your controller should be working now. If it’s still not working, let’s try the last method that we know.
Fix 3: Third-Party Controller Software
The method is using third-party software called Xbox 360 Controller Emulator. Why are we recommending this emulator? This is because it supports almost any controller in the market including the Logitech controllers, PS4, and more.
First, you have to visit the official website or simply click this link to download the software. If you prefer to download from the official site, make sure to download the 64-bit games version. If this is your first time using this software, we recommend checking this tutorial.
Did this guide help you fix the controller issues in Little Nightmares II? If yes, feel free to leave a comment below.