Are you tired of encountering those pesky Intel Graphics driver problems on your Windows 11 computer? Frustration kicks in when your favorite games crash or your display resolution is all wonky.
But fret not, because we’ve got your back. In this article, we’re going to equip you with some handy troubleshooting tips that will help you tackle those driver issues head-on.
From utilizing Intel’s troubleshooting page to considering a graphics card replacement, we’ll cover everything you need to know to fix those pesky problems and get back to enjoying a seamless computing experience. So, buckle up and get ready to troubleshoot like a pro!
Windows 11 is the latest operating system released by Microsoft, offering many new and exciting features. However, like any software, it can encounter problems, and one common issue users may face is Intel Graphics driver problems.
These driver issues can lead to various display-related troubles, including visual artifacts, driver crashes, freezes or hangs, screen flickering, incorrect colors or textures in games or applications, and slow or choppy performance in graphics-intensive programs.
Built-In Troubleshooter For Intel Graphics Driver Problems In Windows
Fortunately, Windows 11 provides a built-in troubleshooter specifically designed to tackle Intel Graphics driver problems. This troubleshooter can automatically detect and resolve common issues related to Intel Graphics drivers.
To access this troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Settings menu by clicking on the Start button and selecting the gear icon.
- Select “System” and then click on “Advanced system settings” located on the right side of the window.
- In the System Properties window, go to the “Hardware” tab and click on “Device Installation Settings”.
- Select the option “No” and click “Save Changes”.
- Next, go back to the Windows Settings menu, select “Update & Security”, and then click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Scroll down to the “Find and fix other problems” section and click on “Hardware and Devices”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Troubleshooting Intel Graphics Driver Problems On Intel’s Website
In addition to the built-in troubleshooter, Intel itself has a dedicated page for troubleshooting Intel Graphics driver problems. This page provides users with further options to resolve driver installation issues.
Here are the three options offered on Intel’s troubleshooting page:
Option 1: Use Intel DSA to Automatically Download and Install the Latest Graphics Driver
Intel DSA (Driver and Support Assistant) is a tool developed by Intel that scans your system and provides recommendations and updates for Intel drivers. To use Intel DSA to resolve Intel Graphics driver problems, follow these steps:
- Visit the Intel DSA page on Intel’s official website.
- Download and install the Intel DSA software.
- Launch the Intel DSA application.
- Follow the prompts to allow Intel DSA to scan your system.
- If a newer Graphics driver is available, Intel DSA will provide a download link and installation instructions.
Option 2: Use Intel Driver & Support Assistant to Download and Install the Latest Graphics Driver
If Intel DSA does not resolve your Intel Graphics driver problem, you can use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant instead. This tool provides similar functionality to Intel DSA but offers a slightly different user interface.
To use Intel Driver & Support Assistant, follow these steps:
- Go to the Intel Driver & Support Assistant page on Intel’s official website.
- Download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant software.
- Launch the Intel Driver & Support Assistant application.
- Allow the software to scan your system for Intel drivers.
- If a newer Graphics driver is available, Intel Driver & Support Assistant will provide a download link and installation instructions.
Option 3: Delete Relevant Files and Folders If Intel Driver & Support Assistant Fails to Install the Suggested Driver
If neither Intel DSA nor Intel Driver & Support Assistant is able to fix your Intel Graphics driver problem, you can resort to manually deleting relevant files and folders. This option should only be pursued if you are comfortable navigating your computer’s file system.
To delete the relevant files and folders, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the following location: C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository
- Locate and delete any folders that begin with “igdlh” or “igfx”. These folders contain the Intel Graphics driver files.
- Restart your computer.
- After restarting, download and install the latest Graphics driver from Intel’s official website.
Potential Solutions And Next Steps For Windows 11 Intel Graphics Driver Problems
If the issue persists even after following the above troubleshooting steps, there are a few additional potential solutions and next steps you can try:
Restarting the PC
Restarting your computer can often resolve minor software glitches and conflicts. It is a simple yet effective solution that can be attempted before moving on to more advanced troubleshooting steps.
Using the System Restore Feature
If restarting the PC does not resolve the Intel Graphics driver problem, you can consider using the System Restore feature. System Restore allows you to revert your computer’s settings to a previous point in time when everything was working correctly.
To use System Restore, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “rstrui” without the quotes and press Enter.
- In the System Restore window, click on “Next”.
- Select a restore point from the list that predates the appearance of the Intel Graphics driver problem.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the restoration process.
Considering Graphics Card Replacement
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and are still experiencing severe issues with your Intel Graphics driver, it may be time to consider replacing your graphics card. Graphics card failure or hardware-related problems can manifest in various ways, including the symptoms mentioned earlier.
Consult with a professional or contact your graphics card manufacturer for guidance on replacing the card.
In conclusion, Windows 11 offers several methods to troubleshoot Intel Graphics driver problems. The built-in troubleshooter and Intel’s dedicated troubleshooting page provide comprehensive options to resolve issues with driver installation.
Restarting the PC and utilizing the System Restore feature are additional steps that can be taken. If all else fails, considering graphics card replacement might be necessary.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you can effectively tackle Intel Graphics driver problems on your Windows 11 system.