To retrieve deleted messages on Messenger Android, there are a few methods you can try. Firstly, check if the message has been archived instead of deleted.
If not, you can download your Facebook data by going to Account Settings, selecting “Download Profile Information,” and creating the file. Once you have the file, examine the report to retrieve deleted messages.
Alternatively, you can ask your contact to send the messages back or provide a screenshot. Other methods include checking old email notifications, looking in the cache for Android users, checking archived messages, or asking the recipient for a copy or screenshot.
However, it’s important to note that once a Facebook message is deleted, it is gone for good. To avoid losing messages in the future, it’s recommended to back them up regularly.
- Check if the message has been archived instead of deleted
- Download your Facebook data and examine the report to retrieve deleted messages
- Ask your contact to send the messages back or provide a screenshot
- Check old email notifications
- Look in the cache for Android users
- Check archived messages or ask the recipient for a copy or screenshot
1. Check If The Message Has Been Archived Instead Of Deleted
Often, when we think our messages have been deleted on Messenger, they might actually be archived.
Follow these steps to check if your messages have been archived:
- Open the Messenger app on your Android device.
- Go to the main screen and tap on the search bar at the top.
- Type the name of the person you had the conversation with or any keywords related to the deleted message.
- If the conversation appears in the search results, it means that the messages have been archived and not deleted.
- To retrieve the archived messages, simply tap on the conversation and it will be restored to your main chat list.
2. Download Your Facebook Data
If your messages have been deleted and are not archived, you can try retrieving them by downloading your Facebook data.
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars in the top-right corner to open the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- In the expanded menu, tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Download Your Information.”
- Select the “Download Profile Information” option.
- In the “Your Information” section, check the box next to “Messages” to download your chat history.
- You can also choose the date range and format for the downloaded data.
- Tap on “Create File” to initiate the download.
- Wait for Facebook to prepare your data file.
- Once ready, you will receive an email with a download link.
3. Examine The Report To Retrieve Deleted Messages
After you have downloaded your Facebook data, follow these steps to examine the report and retrieve your deleted messages:
- Open the email from Facebook containing the download link.
- Click on the download link to access your data file.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded file to a location on your Android device.
- Download and install a file manager app from the Google Play Store if you don’t already have one.
- Open the file manager app and navigate to the location where you extracted the Facebook data file.
- Look for a folder named “messages” or “chat” within the extracted files.
- Open the folder and search for the specific conversation you are trying to retrieve.
- If found, you can copy the conversation files to another location on your device or directly restore them to your Messenger app.
Note: It is important to remember that once a Facebook message is deleted, it is gone for good. However, by following these steps, you may be able to retrieve archived messages or recover deleted messages from your downloaded Facebook data.
Losing important messages on Messenger can be frustrating, but there are various methods you can try to recover them. Before giving up, make sure to check if the messages have been archived instead of deleted.
If not, downloading your Facebook data and examining the report might help you retrieve the deleted messages.
It is always recommended to regularly backup your messages to avoid losing them in the future. Additionally, taking screenshots or asking the recipient to send the messages back can also help in retrieving lost conversations.
While these methods work for Android users, it is important to note that recovering deleted messages using file apps is not possible on iOS devices. Therefore, it is crucial to take preventive measures and backup your messages regularly to ensure you don’t lose any important conversations.