This guide will be covering all the possible combo tiles, tactics and synergies to help newer players with the game. If you’re one of the players of Loop Hero and want to get the best card combos, this one is for you.
Loop Hero Card Combos
- 3×3 Rocks (you can add Mountains to it, but generally, mountain cards should be saved to use without spending them on the Mountain Peak) will make a Mountain Peak. It gives a massive HP boost but also spawns Harpies.
- Every 10 rocks or mountains a Goblin Outpost will spawn
- Meadows placed next to anything = Blooming Meadow, which heals 3HP instead of 2 each day, it also gives you more resources.
- Village + Vampire mansion = Ransacked Village – Spawns 4 Ghouls each loop for 3 loops, after that transforms into a Count’s Lands, restoring more HP and giving you better rewards for quests.
- Swamp + Goblin outpost = Goblin lookout post, they add goblin archer to fights near the outpost, he can’t be killed as he’s a support unit.
- Card synergy – Placing Swamp near Vampire Mansion will turn Vampire’s heal from lifesteal into damage making them easier to kill. Credit: McWaffle
- Treasury will spawn random resources after placing a tile next to it, surround it with tiles to open the treasury and get a nice pack of resources, be careful though as Empty Treasury spawns Gargoyles.
- 2 Battlefields placed next to each other will create bloody path, it will start spawning blood clots
- Place a Blood Grove next to a Grove, then use Oblivion on a Grove to create a Hungry Grove tile – It kills enemies that have 20% hp left but occasionally attacks hero for 17HP.
- Place a Vampire Village next to a Grove to start spawning Blood Golems. Credit: Kajiya
- Create a Battlefield next to it to create a Shipwreck. It spawns Chests and Sirens.
- Place a Road next to it to create Reeds, they spawn Fishmen.
- Place next to Sand Dunes to upgrade them.
- If you place a Storm Temple down, then a Forest or thicket in the path of the Storm Temple, it turns into a burned forest, which gives you .5 magic damage each. Credit: NonSensePanda
- 10 Forests/Thickets will spawn “A Village?” which starts spawning training dummies. Credit: Darth Saruman
- Place Wheat Fields down beside “A Village?” to create Overgrown Fields. Credit: Hatecaster
- You can also create Overgrown Fields by using Oblivion on a Village after placing Wheat Fields next to it. Credit: TripleHelix935
- Abandoned Bookery + Temporal Beacon spawns Watcher Mage Credit: Hopit
- Abandoned Bookery + Vampire Mansion spawns Vampire Mage Credit: Anver
Tactics and Synergies
- Having a Ransacked Village in the range of a Blood Grove will prevent the ghouls from eating corpses. Credit: M4rt1nV
- Chrono Crystal doubles the effect of a day’s passing, so they combo well with (Blooming) Meadows which gives heals on a day’s passing. Credit: anaid
- After the charges for Bookery run out, it becomes Abandoned Bookery, which adds enemy tomes to battles within their radius. Credit: Hatecaster
- Bloody paths are amazing for regen builds, blood cloth doesn’t really hit hard and skips 1 turn every 3 turns to submerge. Making it a great place to regen back lost health. Credit: RoaRawR
- As a Rogue, they won’t take any payment since you only get trophies. So, they’re free to help, other than taking up the map slot.
- As a Necromancer, they shoot arrows at everyone, allies and enemies alike. It can be helpful for clearing weaker enemies, but probably not worth the time.
- You can have more than one outpost spawning minions on a tile. Credit: jakew42
Note: This guide is currently in work in progress. More details will be added soon.
About Loop Hero
The Lich has thrown the world into a timeless loop and plunged its inhabitants into never-ending chaos. Wield an expanding deck of mystical cards to place enemies, buildings, and terrain along each unique expedition loop for the brave hero. You can grab the game on Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, and Humble Bundle.