Mercenary: Demon of the Skies Achievement – Risk of Rain 2
How to Unlock Mercenary: Demon of the Skies Achievement
Recommended but not Required
- Drizzle Mode – You can still play this game at rainstorm or monsoon difficulty. It is not mandatory to go on Drizzle. You are entitled to play whatever difficulty you find to be enjoying.
- Fuel Cell – You don’t need to use this, but you can if you want to make sure you get the achievement.
- Artifact of Command – This artifact allows you to get easier access to Milky Chrysalis. If you want to know how to obtain it and many other artifacts, go to this video by Woolie
- Mercenary – if you don’t have Mercenary, you will need to complete at least 7 stages in order to go to the Celestial Portal. At Stage 5, press E on the exterior of this portal in order to loop.
- Milky Chrysalis – This equipment is necessary in order to remain flying in the air as much as possible. The game will still give this achievement to players even if they are using this to aid them.
How to Obtain
As a Mercenary in your game run, find the Milky Chrysalis as soon as possible. If you don’t know how what it is specifically, here is the image below to refer to once again as this will grant you flying abilities.
Once you have the Milky Chrysalis, press the equipment utility button (for default players, press Q). Now that you have used the equipment, you will be able to fly. Try to get as high as possible by either pressing S while looking down or W while looking up. The ability will last for only 15 seconds of flying. (If you are using the fuel cell as recommended, you will have enough time to remain flying in the air as it asks for 30 seconds in the air so further instructions may not be necessary).
The ability won’t wear off immediately as it will grant slow falling for the remaining time in the air. Once Mercenary cannot fly any higher, use your dash and special abilities (SHIFT and R for default players) and have him face towards flying monsters (Wisps and Brass Contraption for example). It is the most ideal position for the monsters to be above you as you can fly further in the air. And when you have successfully remained flying in the air for 30 seconds, the achievement Mercenary: Demon of the Skies will be given to you.