To get deleted text back on an iPhone, you can use the “Recover” command in the Messages app. First, open the Messages app and go to the conversations page.
If Message Filtering is turned on, tap on Filters. Then, tap on “Show Recently Deleted” and select the conversations containing the deleted messages you want to restore.
Finally, tap on “Recover” and choose either “Recover Message” or “Recover [Number] Messages” depending on the situation. Please note that this feature requires iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later, and the messages can only be recovered within the last 30 to 40 days.
Sure! Here’s the formatted text as markdown bullet points:
- “Recover” command in Messages app restores deleted text on iPhone
- Open Messages app and navigate to conversations page
- If Message Filtering is on, tap on Filters
- Tap on “Show Recently Deleted” and select conversations with deleted messages
- Tap on “Recover” and choose “Recover Message” or “Recover [Number] Messages”
- Requires iOS 16 or later, messages can only be recovered within 30-40 days
Recovering Deleted Text Messages On iPhone Using Messages App
Accidentally deleting important text messages can be a nightmare, but thankfully, there are ways to recover those precious messages. If you are using an iPhone, the Messages app provides a built-in feature to help you retrieve deleted texts.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone and navigate to the conversations page.
- If you have Message Filtering turned on, you will need to tap on the Filters option on the conversations page.
- Look for the “Show Recently Deleted” option and tap on it. This will display all the conversations that contain deleted messages.
- From the list of conversations, select the ones that contain the messages you want to restore.
- Tap on the “Recover” option and choose either “Recover Message” or “Recover [Number] Messages” depending on the situation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the recovery process.
It is important to note that this method requires iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or later versions. Additionally, messages can only be recovered within the last 30 to 40 days.
If you are using an older version of iOS (10 to 15), the process may differ. In that case, you can try the following steps:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Edit” button.
- Select “Show Recently Deleted” to view the deleted messages.
- Now, choose the messages that you want to recover.
- Finally, tap on the “Recover” option to retrieve the selected messages.
Do keep in mind that, in iOS 16, deleted text messages are only available for recovery within the Messages app for 30 days. After that period, they may be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered using this method.
Recovering Deleted Text Messages On iPhone Using iCloud
Besides using the Messages app, you can also recover deleted text messages on an iPhone through iCloud. This method involves restoring your device from an iCloud backup.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “General” and then “Reset.”
- Select “Erase All Content and Settings” to reset your device.
- Set up your iPhone as new and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When asked to restore your device from an iCloud backup, select the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
- Sign in to your iCloud account and choose the desired backup that contains the deleted text messages.
- Wait for the data transfer process to complete, and your deleted text messages should be restored.
It’s important to note that this method relies on having a recent iCloud backup that contains the deleted messages. Therefore, it is crucial to regularly back up your iPhone to iCloud to ensure successful data recovery.
Recovering Deleted Text Messages On Android Using Third-Party Apps
For Android users, there are several third-party apps available that can help recover deleted text messages. Here are a few popular options:
- SMS Backup & Restore: This app allows you to back up and restore your SMS messages. It offers a simple interface and can help you recover deleted texts.
- FonePaw Android Data Recovery: This comprehensive recovery tool not only retrieves deleted text messages but also recovers other types of data like contacts, photos, and more.
- MobiKin Doctor for Android: This app specializes in recovering lost or deleted data from Android devices, including text messages.
To recover deleted text messages using these third-party apps, follow these steps:
- Download and install the desired recovery app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and grant the necessary permissions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan for deleted text messages.
- Once the scan is complete, select the messages you want to recover.
- Finally, tap on the “Recover” button to restore the selected messages.
It is important to note that the success of text message recovery using third-party apps may vary depending on various factors such as the device model, Android version, and the time since the messages were deleted. Therefore, it is recommended to attempt the recovery process as soon as possible for better chances of retrieving the deleted text messages.
In conclusion, accidental deletion of text messages can be distressing, especially if they contain important information. However, with the right tools and techniques, it is possible to recover deleted texts on both iPhones and Android devices.
Whether you use the Messages app, iCloud, or third-party recovery apps, it’s crucial to act quickly and follow the appropriate steps to increase the chances of successful text message retrieval.