This guide will be giving you the basic tips and knowledge on how to survival in Dread Hunger. Tips and hints about food, crafting, cooking, healing, and more will be shared here.
If you’re one of the players trying to survive in the game, this guide is for you. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Dread Hunger Survival Guide
- Raw meat is obtained from dead animals and can be consumed raw or cooked in a campfire. For Explorers, raw meat is less nutritious than cooked meat.
- Blubber is harvested from dead seals and can be eaten raw, added to stews or used as a processing ingredient.
- Human meat is being harvested from dead people. It can be eaten raw or cooked on a campfire. Thralls love the flesh of man.
- Body parts can be obtained by cutting the bodies of deceased people. They can be added to the stews of the stove.
- Stews are very nutritious and nutritional.
- Stoves and wood burners can be used on the main ship or in various locations around the world. Both stoves and wood burners provide a source of fire, with stoves having the added advantage of allowing players to cook a variety of recipes.
- Lanterns and campfires are an ‘out and about’ source of heat, with campfires providing the added advantage of simple cooking.
- Tents, caves, and igloos have varying degrees of protection. Add fuel to the heat source given or create a campfire at these locations to keep it cool.
- Night/Day Cycle: Night is much colder, so be vigilant when venturing too far out.
Crafting and Cooking
- Crafting is done in a workbench. Here you can build weapons and other pieces of equipment.
- Cooking is performed on the stove. You can make food, tea, poison, and antidote. You can cook raw meat in a pinch on a campfire.
- Passive healing is related to hunger. The fuller you are, the sooner your health can recover.
- Laudanum is a tonic for recovery. It can be consumed as it is, or used as a syringe to make it more effective.
- If the player is ‘down’ (crawling), they’re going to have to rest to heal. They can crawl there, or they can be taken by a teammate to a bed where they’re going to be revived. The laudanum syringe jab will also do the trick.
- Beds can be found on the main ship or in various places around the world.
- Right-Click items to move quickly between your personal inventory and containers, bodies, stoves, workbenches, etc.
- Items of the same form may be stacked.
- Be careful of weight, it’s going to slow you down.
- Bone daggers are used to cast spells (Hold Right-Click, select, then Left-Click). Anyone found holding these could be considered untrustworthy. The best location for these is at the bottom of the ocean.
- Totems are crafted by Thralls to increase the strength of the spells (Press Q, select, then Left-Click). If it was discovered by an Explorer, destroy the totem insight.
- Thralls will thwart the expedition by several means:
- Food poisoning (craft poison and drag onto food to taint it).
- Blowing up the boat (add gunpowder to barrels, drop them, and set them alight).
- Sabotage of the boiler (simply add gun powder when the boiler is running).