Today, Developer Valve Corporation has rolled out the newest Half-Life: Alyx update version 1.2 which brings new game features and minor game adjustments and balancing.
This is the second Half-Life: Alyx update and with its release, players should be expecting fewer game issues and glitches. You can check the full changelog of the new update below.
Half-Life: Alyx Update 1.2 Patch Notes
- Added full-featured support for left / right hand for movement controls, independently of left / right hand for weapon controls.
To use this: Select Left / Right hand in the in-game UI, and then select the desired Weapon / Off-Hand bindings in the SteamVR controller bindings UI.
- Added an option to draw subtitles and captions to the spectator window only.
- Clarified Height Adjust accessibility options, and set better defaults across various controllers.
- Improved discoverability of the Performance UI settings.
- Added better detection of low-memory situations.
- Fixed a UI issue where graphics settings would appear to drop from Medium to Low.
- Fixed not being able to use Quick Back, Shift-Dash-Jump, and teleport feet rotation when Controller Turning was turned off.
- Also fixed a case where loading a left-handed savegame from the Main Menu could cause the player to lose ammo.
- Fixed savegames where the SMG was missing parts of its model.
- Fixed a number of crashes.