How to Fix NBA 2K22 Crash, Lag, and Other Performance Issues
Just like any other PC game, NBA 2K22 is not exempted from encountering random crashes, freezing, stuttering, lagging, and other performance issues. While developer Visual Concepts and published by 2K Games have been constantly releasing new updates to fix these issues in NBA 2K22, there are still players who are getting these annoying problems. So in this guide, we will be giving you the recommended methods to fix the issues in the game.
In Case of Crashes
Typically, NBA 2K22 crashes are usually caused by driver incompatibilities, antivirus, or even Steam client issues.
Check NBA 2K22’s Minimum System Requirements
- This is the first thing that you need to do. Make sure that your PC is well-equipped to run NBA 2K22 smoothly. If your hardware meets the minimum requirements, then you’re good to go. You can head to the NBA 2K22 store page on Steam for the full system requirements.
Outdated Graphics Driver
- NBA 2K22 requires the latest driver to run. If your GPU driver is too old, it can wreak havoc on the game. You can visit your hardware manufacturer’s website and get the latest driver for your GPU. As for our recommendation, you can download and install IObit’s driver booster or Driver Easy. This software will automatically fetch all available driver updates. This also means that you will also get the latest updates for some drivers that have been unnoticed.
Verify Game Integrity
- During the installation process of NBA 2K22, there’s a chance that some files may have been corrupted. A corrupted game file will surely result in crashes. To fix this problem, verify the game files of NBA 2K22 by going to Steam > Library > right-click NBA 2K22 and select Properties > Local Files tab > click the Verify integrity of game files… button. Wait until the verification is complete and see if the crashing issues have been fixed.
Perform Malware Scan
- Malware is one of the most notorious reasons why most of the newly installed games are crashing. If your computer is infected with malware, there’s a chance that your newly installed files for NBA 2K22 are being deleted by the malware. It is highly recommended to have malware security software installed on your PC. In our case, we have been using Malwarebytes for a long time now. So far, all malwares attempting to infiltrate our PC are being blocked immediately. Download and try Malwarebytes now!
Switch Between Fullscreen/Windowed Mode
- We’re not really sure why, but on some machines, Fullscreen mode is faster than Windowed mode. If the Fullscreen mode is not working to fix the lag and low FPS, switch back to Windowed mode.
- While disabling Vsync can cause some screen tearing, it can bring some smooth framerate on medium to low-end PC. This will help you boost your FPS while running the game. You can also disable Vsync using your graphics control panels such as Nvidia Control Panel and AMD Control Panel.
Prioritize NBA 2K22
- Windows OS is usually balancing all the load works and programs running in the background. Setting the prioritization of NBA 2K22 to High will help boost the FPS of the game.
If you still have more concerns about NBA 2K22, you can try reaching out to the official support or have a discussion on NBA 2K22’s community section on Steam.