How to Install First Person Mod in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in Yuzu Emulator
Despite its outdated hardware and less powerful chipset, the Switch remains a compact and impressive device that has successfully run demanding games such as Doom (2016), Nier: Automata, Doom Eternal, and most recently, Nintendo’s own The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Thanks to the remarkable technical work by Nintendo EPD and Monolith Soft, ToTK manages to maintain a relatively stable 30 FPS on the console, with minimal lag or stuttering. However, some players find this performance insufficient and opt to play the game on emulators instead of the native Nintendo Switch platform. As is customary with anything PC-related, mods also come into play. ToTK already boasts a decent number of mods that enhance the gameplay experience on emulators, but there are those who take it a step further and create interesting modifications. One such recent addition is a first-person view mod, catering to the preferences of certain players.
Traditionally, Zelda games have exclusively featured third-person gameplay ever since transitioning into the 3D era of gaming. This perspective is generally considered more suitable for action-adventure games. Nonetheless, there are always individuals who seek novelty and enjoy experimenting with different approaches. Tears of the Kingdom is not the first game to receive a first-person mod, and it certainly won’t be the last. So, if you’re curious about installing the first-person mod for Zelda ToTK on the Yuzu emulator for PC, let’s delve into the process!
How to Install First Person Mod in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
First and foremost, ensure that you have Tears of the Kingdom installed on your computer. To access detailed instructions on how to download and install the game on an emulator, please refer to the provided links for guidance.
Begin by downloading the “Immersive Camera – First Person Exploration” mod. It’s important to note that this mod will automatically switch to a third-person view during combat, swimming, and jumping.
To install the mod on the Yuzu emulator, follow these steps:
- Extract the first-person mod folder and place it on your desktop.
- Launch the Yuzu Emulator and right-click on Tears of the Kingdom.
- From the context menu, select “Open Mod Data Location.”
- Drag and drop the mod folder into the opened window, or alternatively, you can add the mod folder to this directory: %appdata%/Roaming/Yuzu\load\0100F2C0115B6000.
- Once the mod folder is added, close the window.
- Right-click on Tears of the Kingdom once again and choose “Properties.”
- In the “Add-Ons” tab, you will find the name of the folder you just added. Make sure the checkbox next to it is checked.
- Press “Ok” to save the changes and proceed to launch the game.
Please note that these instructions pertain specifically to the Yuzu emulator.