In a world where smartphones have become an essential part of our daily lives, losing access to your device due to FRP (Factory Reset Protection) can be a nightmare. And if you’re the proud owner of a Huawei P60 Pro, finding yourself locked out can leave you feeling frustrated and helpless.
But fear not, for we are about to unveil the secrets of resetting FRP on your beloved smartphone. From contacting the previous owner for necessary account credentials to venturing into the realm of unofficial methods involving SIM cards and phone calls, we’ve got you covered.
So, fasten your seatbelts as we dive into the world of Huawei P60 Pro and discover the key to regaining control of your device!
Official Way To Reset FRP on Huawei P60 Pro
Resetting the Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on the Huawei P60 Pro can be done through the official method, which involves contacting the previous owner for their Google account credentials. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Contact the previous owner of the Huawei P60 Pro and kindly ask for their Google account credentials.
- Log in to the previous owner’s Google account on both the smartphone and a PC or laptop.
- Once logged in, go to the settings menu on the Huawei P60 Pro.
- In the settings menu, find the option to unlink the smartphone from the Google account.
- Follow the prompts to unlink the device from the account.
- Now, enable the “Unlock OEM” option in the developer settings of the Huawei P60 Pro. This option allows for the FRP to be reset.
- Once the “Unlock OEM” option is enabled, reboot the phone.
- After the reboot, set up a new Google account on the Huawei P60 Pro.
By following these official steps, the FRP on the Huawei P60 Pro will be successfully reset.
Unofficial Way To Reset FRP on Huawei P60 Pro
In some cases, it may not be possible to contact the previous owner for their Google account credentials. In such situations, an unofficial method can be used to reset the FRP on the Huawei P60 Pro.
Here are the alternative steps:
- Insert a SIM card into the Huawei P60 Pro and skip the activation setup.
- Make a phone call and save the number as a new contact.
- Open the dialer on the phone and enter a specific code to access the phone settings.
- In the phone settings, navigate to the Recovery and Reset options.
- Disable data backup and perform a factory reset.
This unofficial method allows for the FRP to be reset on the Huawei P60 Pro without requiring the Google account credentials of the previous owner.
Additional Instructions For Factory Reset
Performing a factory reset on the Huawei P60 Pro requires careful consideration and adherence to additional instructions. Here are some extra steps and precautions to keep in mind:
- Connect the Huawei P60 Pro to a Wi-Fi network during the initial boot-up process after the factory reset.
- Send a text message to the number 112 and enter the ##4636## command to access additional settings.
- It is important to note that a factory reset will erase all personal information and data on the device. Therefore, it is crucial to save any important information before proceeding with the reset.
- If the Huawei P60 Pro has an encrypted microSD card, it is necessary to decrypt it before performing the factory reset to avoid any data loss.
- Make sure to remember the Google email address and password used to set up the device after the factory reset.
- Before initiating the reset, ensure that the Huawei P60 Pro is charged to at least 50% to prevent any interruptions during the process.
By following these additional instructions, you can ensure a smooth and successful factory reset on the Huawei P60 Pro.
Steps For Factory Reset From Settings Menu
Performing a factory reset from the settings menu is a straightforward process on the Huawei P60 Pro. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Tap on “General Management” in the settings menu of the Huawei P60 Pro.
- Open the “Reset” menu and select “Factory Data Reset.”
- Tap on the “Reset” button and confirm the action by providing the necessary authentication, such as a PIN or password.
- Finally, tap on “Delete All” and wait for the automatic restart of the device.
Following these steps will initiate a factory reset on the Huawei P60 Pro, erasing all data and settings on the device.
Additional Advice After Factory Reset
After performing a factory reset on the Huawei P60 Pro, it is important to take some additional precautions and follow certain advice. Here are some recommendations:
- The initial startup of the device after the factory reset may take longer than usual. It is crucial not to interfere with the device during this process.
- If there are any issues or glitches after the factory reset, it is advisable to set up the phone without copying all the apps. This can help identify and isolate any problematic applications.
- Restore only one app at a time after the factory reset and check for any issues before proceeding to the next app.
- During the setup process, consider setting up the Huawei P60 Pro as a new device or restoring from a backup, depending on your preference and needs.
By following this advice, you can ensure a smooth and efficient experience after performing a factory reset on the Huawei P60 Pro.
In conclusion, resetting the FRP on the Huawei P60 Pro can be achieved through both the official and unofficial methods. The official method involves obtaining the Google account credentials from the previous owner, while the unofficial method provides an alternative solution.
Additionally, there are various precautions and recommendations to consider before and after performing a factory reset to ensure a successful and hassle-free process.