Make game use desktop resolution, or optional windowed mode, no hex editing required.
(v0.3 added fix for black bars on certain displays, and optional windowed mode toggle, may help those with non-16:9 aspect ratio)
This can patch custom resolution values in memory during gameplay for you without needing any EXE changes, also only affects the resolution-related code in the game, so might have a lower chance of breaking other things compared to the search-replace hex method.
Make sure to use with original game EXE without any hex mods applied, else this won’t find the values to patch.
- Extract all files from the ZIP into your game folder, next to the launcher.exe etc.
- Optionally edit SUWSF.ini with your resolution (by default it uses “auto”, which should use your desktop resolution)
- (Windowed mode can also be enabled in that INI under the [Patch:WindowedMode] section, recommended for non-16:9 users)
- Run the game and enjoy!
- v0.3.1: fix mouse cursor displaying in windowed mode
- v0.3: added fix for black bars on certain displays, and optional windowed mode toggle, may help those with non-16:9 aspect ratio
- v0.2: now applies the patches sooner and patches aspect ratio value too
to load that in for us, the main patches used are in the SUWSF.ini.
Haven’t noticed any broken effects with this myself yet, only tested with 16:9 resolutions though, would be interested in how other aspect ratios work too!
Thanks to the /v/ user who showed resolution editing was possible, a shame that we have to mod in such a basic feature ourselves…
A plugin is also being worked on by someone else at Github, right now it seems to have close to the same features as this, but maybe worth watching for UI fixes in future.