This guide will be showing you the steps on how to move your truck anywhere you want in American Truck Simulator map.
- This guide is very useful especially to complete objectives such as taking pictures or even seeing the viewpoints, and very useful to complete some sections of the map!
- This Method looks a little confusing but after using it a few times it starts to get more intuitive and easy to use!
American Truck Simulator Folder!
- First go to ”Documents” then open the ”American Truck Simulator” folder!
Locate and Open the File
- Find the file named ”config.cfg”
- Open with NotePad or WordPad!
Edit the File
- Locate the line – uset g_developer “0” and – uset g_console “0” and change the value from “0” to “1” save and close the file!
- Line – uset g_developer “0” to “1”
- Line – uset g_console “0” to “1”
Activate Free Camera Mode
- Now in Game with Truck on the Road!
- On the keyboard Press number 0 above the letters!
- There will be a view from under the truck!
Move to the Location You Want
- Use the Mouse to move the camera and the Wheel to increase or decrease the speed!
- Use the Number Pad keys on the right to move where you want ex. 8 forwards and 5 backwards!
- I usually just use the Nº8 key to move forward and with the mouse i direct where i want to go!
Activate the New Truck Position
- Go where you want and bring the camera closer to the road
- Press Ctrl + F9 to complete the teleportation!
- Now press the button for your indoor or outdoor camera and you’re good to go!
Automatic City Teleported Mode!
- Press the \ Symbol next to Nº1 above the letters!
- A Command Box will open, then write where you want to go for ex. goto vegas and press enter!
- Don’t need to write the whole City name, only if there are identical names!
Tips and Suggestions
- Try to avoid using Teleport at night until you are fully adapted!
- Use the Navigation Map to avoid getting lost!
- If get lost for some reason, just press a key with your indoor or outdoor camera!
- This method cannot be used when you have an Active External Contract, World of Trucks!
I know that there is a Quick Travel option in the game, but only works for cities that have already been discovered and have a Maintenance station, also if you have a slightly damaged Truck or low on fuel, you cannot use Quick Travel