This guide will be covering the steps on how to obtain all achievement in Neon Abyss. Discover how to unlock and get the hidden achievements in the game.
Because of the nature of achievements in this game, we’ve decided to group up the achievements into the following categories: Casual, Bosses, Challenges, Grindy and Secret. Through this, we hope to help y’all get to the section you need to be in order to unlock the said achievement!
Neon Abyss Achievement Guide
- Die in the Abyss.
- Quite self-explanatory – die by grenades. An easy way to get this is to lower your health to half a heart in a room, kill all the enemies, go against a wall and throw it.
- At the shop in the Bar, there is an area where you can unlock upgrades after beating bosses and receiving gems. Get the ones called “Hidden Room” and “Revealing Light” (bottom right). Revealing Light will reveal hidden rooms on some floors allowing you to easily get streaks. As for the run – try to unlock Lucas and use his ability as his unstable mine can reveal secret rooms. Remember secret rooms can be found in any area with multiple exits such as the starting room.
Mind Your Steps
- This achievement can be received by dying from the following damage sources:
- Swinging spike-balls
- Laser doors
- However, it cannot be received through these:
- Violence Crystals
- Violence Chests
- Explosive barrels
- Simply put the best way to grind for this is to go to the first level, locate one of these traps, die, and restart the level. However, due to level generation, this may not always be the case and you may need to go to the second level to find it. Regardless, this achievement is one of the easier to get and counts for the “Hi Death!” achievement later on.
- This achievement will likely take much longer than the others in the Casual section as it’s more work towards achievement. This one requires you to unlock all of the characters in each of the 6 sections in the shop using gems. I’d recommend working towards it as you upgrade your difficulties to 5 dots as there is currently no easier way of getting this rather than beating bosses (Also, certain bosses such as Athena award as high as 24 gems the higher in difficulty you go!).
- To get this achievement quickly you must first unlock Ming, a character who has a higher success rate to hatch eggs than other characters. Then it’s all a matter of purchasing eggs from shops, using the egg dispenser and cancelling any egg that’s empty (ESC to cancel btw).
I believe I can fly
- Rng-reliant compared to the other achievements. Luckily though there are lots of items that can allow you to achieve more jumps (my personal favourite being the Lemon Candy). Additionally, be careful not to take any wings such as Pegasus Wings or Demon Wings as they will invalidate jumps.
- The first manager you’ll face, as well as the all-seeing eye. Here are some tips
to avoid his attacks:
- The small eyeballs the manager in the first phase summons are destructible, but the eyeballs in the second phase are not. They also alternate between shooting a bullet at you and filling the screen with deadly lasers in both phases.
- There is an audio cue for the second phase when the manager is about to use his attack where
- Other than that, this manager shouldn’t be any trouble. It’s the next one that does bring some headache.
- The second manager, also known as a reference to that one antagonist from Space Odyssey. Some tips for the fight:
- For the first phase, there’ll be an audio cue for when he shoots his circle of lasers. Try to time it as it starts from either right to left or left to right, and alternates. As for the code that falls from the sky – dodge and weave.
- As for the second phase, the drones attacks are randomised, but they do have small openings. Also try to keep track of when God shoots out a ring of bullets as that’ll be your opportunity to attack as he is immune when not in that attack pattern.
- The third manager of the Abyss, Mysterio Zeus. From my experience, he should be much easier than the other bosses as he has fewer attacks and more room for error, but regardless here are some more tips:
- Zeus alternates between either shooting a ring of three bullets or a few lightning bolts for his first phase similar to the God of Gambling – keeping your distance and avoiding stray bullets accordingly is an easy way to beat this phase.
- The lightning strikes Zeus uses for the second phase are much more difficult to avoid as they come down the whole screen towards the middle – but the easiest way to avoid them is to hide on the corners of the screen before he does this attack. As for the second attack he uses, he’ll surround the player with 3 small bullets throughout the second phase that must be either ducked through or jumped through. You should avoid this with no problem, though.
- To go to this manager, you must first acquire the Violence token in Ares’ temple. To do this you must first fill up the Violence meter which can be done by either taking damage, shooting purple crystals/doors/chests and running into them, or running into the laser door. After that is done a special location will unlock on your map – where you must sacrifice a heart slot and take an item. Once that is done there’ll be a random chance for the Ares token to spawn on a pedestal near where you spawned. Press e on it and defeat all the other levels to go to the temple. As for the boss itself, here are some tips:
- In the first phase, Ares has two main attacks: He’ll either jump at you or throw a spear at you. The easiest way to dodge these is to use any jumping items you acquire as he cannot hit you from high up.
- For the second phase, Ares does the same attacks but much quicker. Also, he’ll summon a rain of bullets that can be devastating – keep your distance or hide underneath him and you should be able to dodge this one just fine.
Seek the Truth
- This achievement is similar to fighting the God of Violence in that you must acquire a token from a temple and finish all levels but instead of shooting purple crystals/doors/chests, you must use crystals on them. Through this, you can acquire wisdom and find the token on a pedestal that’ll have a random chance of spawning. Also, you can acquire wisdom through not taking damage – which can get more difficult the higher in difficulty you go. Here are the tips for fighting her:
- In the first phase, there’ll be Pegasus wings on the ground that you can pick up. Once you’ve picked them up it’ll allow you to dodge her main attack this phase much easier: Crystals that shoot a ring of bullets out once shot.
- As for the second phase, Athena will do the same crystal attack as well as shoot out many bullets similarly to a bullet-hell. The easiest way to dodge this is to simply look for openings and go for it. Also, she’ll shoot out lasers similarly to the God of Electricity.
- The only tip I’ve got here is to stay patient and limit/time how long you hold down either a or d.
- Same tips as Piano Virtuoso, but with WASD involved.
- The easiest way to acquire this one is to not take any damage in a run, buy any shields you get from shops or get lucky and find a shielded room.
- This achievement can be rng-reliant, but once again it requires not taking any damage. Do not visit the Ares temple and instead focus on visiting Athena’s temple, not taking any damage from combat rooms as well as buying any items that increase heart containers in the shop. Then you should be able to get this one quickly.
Sovereign of Eggs
- Same requirements as “Mom’s Love” but with more pets. Ming also starts with two eggs, making this achievement much easier.
- Follow the tips in the ‘Bosses’ section of this guide and you should be well on your way to no-hitting this boss! The main tip I’d recommend from there is to focus on his ring of bullets he fires in his second phase as that’s the most likely place you’ll get hit.
- This achievement says you cannot acquire any hearts in a run: however it does not say anything about shields! In the fourth item pack, there is an item called the Howard Reactor that replaces all hearts with shields – if you can, buy this item and then do a run where you do not acquire any hearts with this item. (Also, R-6 is a character that starts with only shields allowing you to not acquire any hearts throughout the run that you can get on the third item pack. If you do not feel like grinding for the Howard Reactor you can instead use him).
- You can do this achievement in two ways: finding the Lottery Ticket, or starting a second save the file.
- Because the tutorial does not let you die from enemies, you can exploit this by waiting for the bosses’ attack where he shoots out worms and then squishing them. Repeating this until you get around 650+ coins will allow you to have enough money to buy out every shop in the run – but be careful once you get out of this tutorial as you will likely be at a disadvantage in terms of health (unless you backtrack and take the hearts from the start of the tutorial (rng chance)). You’ll unlock this achievement once you buy out the fifth bosses’ chamber shop. Good luck!
- Here’s the strategy that you can try:
- Play on Easy difficulty as enemies in higher difficulties will have more health.
- Play as Wade or Anna as they do not start with an Item, unlike other characters. (Personal best character pick by everybody is Wade).
- Do not pick up any Weapons, Items or the Infinity Key (Items are blue outlines and Weapons are yellow outlines).
- Try not to take any damage and acquire as many heart containers as possible as Level 5 deals a full heart of damage against bosses.
- Similarly to Shopping Maniac, start a new save file. Because in a new save file you have yet to unlock any other manager you’ll only need to beat 5 bosses to pop this achievement. There are two ways you can do this:
- Non-cheese way: Toughest way as it requires memorising all the rooms attack patterns. If you’re doing a run where you do not do the cheese way good luck! This is a good challenge and rng-reliant.
- Cheese way: If you still cannot get this achievement after multiple attempts, there is a cheese way! If you get hit, hold down Alt-F4 on your keyboard as it will cause the game to close and not save. This will essentially act as a checkpoint and will count towards not getting hit but will place you at the beginning of the level you got hit on. I’d recommend against this way though as the non-cheese way is an excellent challenge.
Note before reading: Many of these you can get easily though gameplay without paying attention. The only one here I’d recommend grinding is Abyss Veteran as there’s an insanely low chance you’ll play the game 999 times. Other than that, here are the achievements!
- Jump around! Jump up, jump up and get down!
- Just unlock 999 locked chest.
- The first time you use the gambling machine is free, so if you do not have the money and do not wish to sacrifice the run you can simply use it once and be on your day.
- Rng-reliant over whether or not you’ll come across them. But once you do, hold down e on the salesmen and based off whatever he’s selling you can either get pickups or an item!
- If you do the method as described in Shopping Maniac, it’ll count towards this total! Other than that, you can mainly get worms after killing the silver enemies that fly – be careful not to kill any, though.
- Same ways as described in Sherlock, but you must make sure you go inside the secret room as otherwise, it will not count towards the total.
- Set your game to the highest difficulty, choose a character with low HP such as Zack, and go to the first room you find and let the enemies kill you. I’d recommend doing this one last as it resets your dots for your difficulty slider.
- I’d recommend unlocking this achievement last as it’s incredibly grindy. To unlock this one, you must simply press ESC and restart the game while in the Abyss. I’d recommend putting on some music for this as it’ll certainly take a long time.
Saturday Night Fever
- Guess what! I’ve got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell! (Under the disco ball in the bar, click e once and your character will dance. Wait 30 minutes and the achievement will pop)
- Go down to half a heart and while jumping in mid-air against a wall throw a bomb. The ricochet shall kill you in the air.
The Real Game
- To unlock Abyssal difficulty, you must get all 5 dots on Hard difficulty by beating Argus, Hal, Zeus, Ares and Athena. Once this is done the difficulty will permanently unlock and you can play it!
The Ultimate Challenge
- Same tips as in the Bosses section but the attacks are much quicker. Optimal RNG as well as no-hitting a few combat rooms is required. Best of luck!