Niantic has just released the newest event in Pokemon GO, the Throwback Challenge: Johto. Similar to the previously ended Throwback Challenge, players received new challenges and tasks in the game.
There are new Throwback Challenges that also consist of 9 stages. If you still don’t have the idea what are these new challenges, make sure to check this Johto Throwback Challenge guide. Apart from that, Pokemon GO also prepared a new Field Research Tasks for this event. Below you will find the details of these field research tasks including the rewards that you will be getting after completion.
Throwback Challenge: Johto Field Research Tasks
- Catch 3 fire-type Pokemon
- Reward: Quilava encounter
- Catch 3 normal-type Pokemon
- Reward: Dunsparce encounter (could be a shiny Pokemon)
- Make 3 curveball throws
- Reward: Noctowl encounter
- Use 5 berries to help catch Pokemon
- Reward: Pineco encounter (could be a shiny Pokemon)
- Hatch an egg
- Reward: Phanpy encounter
- Earn a heart with your buddy
- Reward: Bayleef encounter
- Play with your buddy
- Reward: Totodile encounter (could be a shiny Pokemon)
- Take a snapshot of your buddy
- Reward: Shuckle encounter (could be a shiny Pokemon)
- Trade a Pokemon
- Reward: Aipom encounter (could be a shiny Pokemon)
Pokemon GO Johto region Throwback Challenge will be available starting from May 8th at 1:00 PM local time until May 15th at 1:00 PM local time.