In this guide, we will be sharing with you the best settings to avoid Spacebase Startopia FPS drop, low frame-rate, in-game lag, and other performance issues. If you’re one of the players who have been getting Spacebase Startopia performance issues, make sure to check the tips below.
How to Fix Spacebase Startopia FPS Drop Issues
While there are players who have been getting a good Spacebase Startopia gaming experience, there are also some gamers who are in constant lag and low FPS. If you’re one of the players getting this kind of issue in Spacebase Startopia, here’s our recommendation to fix this problem.
Fix 1: GPU Settings Optimization
For Nvidia users, here are the steps for how you can optimize Spacebase Startopia on your PC.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel. Simply right-click on your desktop and hit the program.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings and choose Spacebase Startopia from the Program Settings.
- Set Power Management to Prefer Maximum Power.
For AMD users, check the steps below to get the good settings.
- Open Radeon Settings. Simply right-click on your desktop and hit the program.
- Once done, click Settings > Switchable Graphics > and choose Spacebase Startopia. If the game is not listed, hit the Browse button and search for the .exe file of Spacebase Startopia.
- Change settings to High Performance.
- Click Apply to save changes.
Nvidia and AMD control panel also offers lots of optimization that you can play with. Some of the features that you can look at are Sharpening, Anisotropic Filtering, OpenGL Triple Buffering, Texture Filtering Quality, and more. If your monitor supports the G-Sync feature, you can try enabling that one too.
Fix 2: Windows Graphic Settings Prioritization
Usually, the settings that have been mentioned above will already fix the FPS drop and other performance issues in Spacebase Startopia. But if you want to get more improvement, please following the steps below.
- Open Graphics Settings from your computer. You can easily access this option by typing Graphics Settings in the search bar.
- By default, you will be seeing the Classic App.
- Click Browse and search for the .exe file of Spacebase Startopia.
- Click Options and select High Performance.
- Click the Save button to save changes.
- Go to the installation folder of Spacebase Startopia and launch the game as an administrator.
Fix 3: Update GPU Drivers
Graphics card manufacturers have been constantly releasing new updates on their product to optimize every new application that is being released in the market. If you haven’t updated your graphics card for a while now, you should definitely get the new update today. We have already compiled the links below to make things easier for you.
Fix 4: Spacebase Startopia Visual Settings
Last but not least is the actual visual optimization inside Spacebase Startopia. By default, Spacebase Startopia will be automatically choosing the medium settings for your PC. Depending on your hardware, you can play with the graphic settings in the game.
Upon setting up the Spacebase Startopia graphics settings, you can try playing the game and see if you’re getting a good FPS. Steam has a feature to show the actual FPS while in-game. To do this, go to Steam > Settings > In-game FPS counter > choose the location. If you want to use a third-party application to see the FPS, we recommend using MSI Afterburner.