Check out this guide to learn about Shiny Objects in SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated. Discover its values, tikis, robots, and tips about farming.
Shiny objects are the primary collectible and currency in SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated. They resemble small, bright flowers and can be found throughout the entire game, either floating around the terrain of each level or collected through breaking tikis or defeating robots.
Floating shiny objects appear in every major level, spread across the terrain in each sub-zone. Floating shiny objects can only be collected one time, and will never respawn upon exiting and re-entering a zone.
Tikis and Values
Tikis respawn every time you either enter (or re-enter) a zone or die. Each tiki gives a set number of shiny objects, as follows:
- Wood: 2 Shinies
- Floating: 5 Shinies
- Shhh: 11 Shinies
- Thunder: 12 Shinies
- Stone: 25 Shinies
Aside from using Thunder Tikis, Stone Tikis may be destroyed by throwing them into Goo as Patrick, or with the Cruise Bubble as Spongebob. Sandy can not destroy them. Spongebob’s Bubble Bowl attack can not travel through Floating, Thunder, or Stone Tikis.
Robots and Values
Robots also respawn upon entering a zone or dying. Each robot also has a set number of shiny objects it will drop on death. Here are the numbers, least to greatest:
- Arf Dawg: 0 Shinies
- Fodder: 5 Shinies
- Chomp-bot: 10 Shinies
- Bomb-bot: 15 Shinies
- Bzzt-bot: 20 Shinies
- Ham-mer: 25 Shinies
- Tar-Tar: 30 Shinies
- G-Love: 40 Shinies
- Chuck: 50 Shinies
- Duplicatotron 100: 50 Shinies
- Monsoon: 60 Shinies
- Sleepy-Tine: 70 Shinies
- Arf: 80 Shinies
- Tubelets: 90 Shinies
- Slick: 100 Shinies
- Patrick’s bellyflop/cannonball will stun nearby Ham-mers and Tar-Tars, but only Ham-mers are throwable.
- All robots that have multiple hitpoints (besides Arf and technically Slick) can be killed instantly by the following attacks: Thunder Tikis/Spongebob’s Bubble Bowl/Spongebob’s Cruise Bubble/Patrick’s Throw/Sandy’s Lasso.
- Sleepy-Time must be hit three times by basic attacks. If Spongebob is sneaking, it is reduced to one.
- Tubelets can be killed all at once using Spongebob’s Bubble-Bounce attack. After double jumping right next to them, the extra height the Bounce gives will hit all three bots.
Combos are given to the player upon destroying robots or breaking tikis. They are interchangeable, meaning combos can be obtained by doing both in quick succession. Getting a combo rewards a set number of extra shinies. Here they are:
- Combo: 2 Shinies
- Super Combo: 3 Shinies
- Ultra Combo: 5 Shinies
- Mega Combo: 15 Shinies
- Super-Mega Combo: 20 Shinies
- Super-Ultra Combo: 25 Shinies
- Monster Combo: 30 Shinies
- Super-Monster Combo: 40 Shinies
- The shinies are rewarded when the combo is lost, not when the number of objects is reached. A combo is lost after three seconds. Any 11+ combo will still be rewarded with 40 shinies.
- Tubelets count as one bot towards combos, not three.
- Arf Dawgs do not count towards combos.
Now, what most of you have probably been waiting for – the best ways to farm shiny objects. Don’t expect any methods you haven’t seen before. However, I will be providing numbers from my own experimentation so you can get an idea of how good each one exactly is.
There are three reputable methods to farm shiny objects legit:
- Sand Castle (Goo Lagoon)
- Guppy Mound (Sand Mountain)
- Mr. Krabs’ Dream (Spongebob’s Dream)
Ordered by shiny rate, greatest to least. Coincidentally, also ordered by difficulty.
Sand Castle Farm (~$2,450/min)
The Sand Castle Farm is by far the most popular because of how easy it is. It also happens to be the best method listed here.
Requirements: Cruise Bubble (40 Spatulas)
Step 1: Fast travel to Goo Lagoon, specifically the spatula titled “Through The Sea Caves”. Turn around and exit the caves, back to Goo Lagoon Beach.
Step 2: This is where the farm begins. Turn around and trigger the first Thunder Tiki on the bridge to destroy every tiki. This gives a Super-Monster Combo.
Step 3: Destroy the Ham-mer in your way, and stand so that you can easily fire a Cruise Bubble over the left-most log and hit one of the Thunder Tikis on top of the Castle.
Step 4: Repeat. The easiest and quickest way to perform the farm results in jumping off of the castle right behind you after launching the Cruise Bubble. DO NOT hit the checkpoint near the farming area, as it will change your respawn location.
Guppy Mound Farm (~$1,750/min)
The Guppy Mound Farm is another very popular farm as it has the same formula – break tikis, die, repeat.
Step 1: Fast travel to Sand Mountain, specifically the spatula titled “Beat Mrs. Puff’s Time”. This places you at the top of Guppy Mound, where you can start by breaking the tikis at spawn.
Step 2: Trigger the Thunder Tiki to break the small group of tikis. Use the Bubble Bowl to hit the Thunder Tiki inside of the Shhh Tiki pyramid. You can ignore the wood ones in the back, they are less efficient for the time to go smash them.
Step 3: Start down the slide and be sure to run into the large groups of Thunder Tikis after the first jump. Hold back on the joystick (or hold S) to slow down enough to hit all of them, if need be.
Step 4: At the first split (shown in the above picture), stay on the left, upper path to destroy the Thunder Tikis up there as well.
Step 5: At the second split with the button, take the left path to hit the button. This will spawn the giant snowball that will destroy all the Thunder Tikis ahead for you. You could run into the wall yourself, but you wouldn’t gather the shinies from the Tikis before you fall down and respawn. Even still, slow down after the snowball destroys them all so you don’t miss any shinies as they fly towards you. Feel free to fall down and restart immediately after the Thunder Tiki wall – that’s where I farmed up to.
If you don’t have enough underwear to hit all the Thunder Tikis at the start, feel free to go right at the first split. Or, obviously, use the Sand Castle Farm if you have the Cruise Bubble.
Mr Krabs’ Dream Farm (~$1,650/min)
Farming Mr. Krabs’ Dream is an effective one for those who actually want to do something, rather than just launching Cruise Bubbles or sliding down Guppy Mound a million times.
Step 1: Fast travel to Spongebob’s Dream, specifically the spatula titled “Krabby Patty Platforms”.
Step 2: This is the simplest farm. All you have to do is fight. However, there are some noteworthy facts about this fight that might make it easier.
- In order from left to right, the Duplicatotrons spawn Tubelets, Slicks, and Fodders.
- Enemies always have the same exact spawn points, meaning their respective D1000 will always throw them at the same spot on the grill.
- There can only be two Slicks alive at one time, and three Tubelets and Fodders.
- Most efficient: Sand Castle Farm
- Most annoying: Sand Castle Farm
- Most beginner-friendly: Guppy Mound Farm
- Most rewarding: Mr. Krabs’ Dream Farm
And that’s all we have for this SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated Shiny Objects guide. We would like to commend Bippity for this detailed farming guide.
What others are Reading:
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated – Shiny Objects Farming Guide
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated Crack Status
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated Trophies for PS4
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated System Requirements
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated Achievement List and Guide for Xbox One