The Falconeer – Items That You Can Keep and Lose
Since it isn’t super clear, here is an overview of items/things that you lose when things happen in-game.
Mostly applies to normal mode, I haven’t tested with other modes extensively. These are compiled from experience and as such, probably contain many mistakes.
Things that Last Forever (or Until Clear Progression)
- Main weapon
- Money (All on normal, on hardcore you lose 1/5 on death)
- Permits (and other such tokens)
- Chants (Ones that usually cost around 1k or more, unlock via visiting monuments, and don’t say anything about duration in the description)
- Story missions (redoing a chapter starts you at the point just before the last story mission in the chapter). Includes the ones that entitle you to the pirate level clear.
- Custom map marker location
Things that Reset Upon Death
- Ammo pots and items that go in such slots like firepots. You get free new ones; 5* 2-star blue ammo, 1* 2-star firepot.
- Missions in progress
- Carried cargo
Things that Reset Upon Liftoff
- Radiant mission pool
- One-time items that activate on liftoff, duh. Pirate status clearing papers and one-off chants.
- Mutagens: Reset upon changing birds, buying an old bird back gives you a clean bird. You can also clear mutagens with level 3 or lower.
- Landing saves your progression. Upon death, your pirate level resets to the level you had when last time landing.
Guide by Mr. Murhaaja.