The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV – Meaning of Power and Break Letter Grades
Just like any other video game, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV comes with its own version of power and ranking. The ranking in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV are categorized by letter. In the game, the lowest grade available is the D Rank, while players who have good stats and achievements can reach up to 5S Rank. But what does this ranking actually mean?
In this guide, we will be sharing with you the meaning of power and break letter grades in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV. Without further ado, let’s dive into it.
What Each Power Rank Means
Crafts and Arts do more damage by adding a multiplier to your Strength or ATS stats. The letter grades vaguely tell you by how much but here’s exactly how much they boost power by:
- D: +0%
- D+: +10%
- C: +20%
- C+: +30%
- B: +40%
- B+: +50%
- A: +60%
- A+: +70%
- S: +85%
- S+: +100%
- SS: +120%
- SS+: +140%
- SSS: +160%
- SSS+: +180%
- 4S: +200%
- 4S+: +220%
- 5S: +240%
For example: If a character with 700 STR used a Physical Craft with B Power then that Craft’s damage output would be as though the character did a normal attack at 980 STR (700 x 1.4 = 980).
The stat multipliers for Crafts and Arts stack after in battle stat buffs/debuffs. This makes strong Crafts and Arts incredibly powerful when used in tandem within battle stat buffs.
What Each Break Rank Means and How Break Damage Works
The way Break damage is calculated is you take whatever Break multiplier you have and multiply that by your damage dealt with that attack.
Enemies in the Break state take +20% damage. This is what the letter grades on Crafts mean for Break damage:
- D: 100% (Basic Attacks function at D rank Break damage)
- D+: 125%
- C: 150%
- C+: 175%
- B: 200%
- B+: 225%
- A: 250%
- A+: 275%
- S: 300%
- S+: 350%
- SS: 400%
These numbers are added onto any other Break multipliers that may be in effect at the time such as Break quartz or Brave Orders. Some examples when dealing 1000 damage:
- With a D Break rank Craft and no other multipliers: 1000 Break damage
- With a B+ Break rank Craft and no other multipliers: 2250 Break damage
- With a D Break rank Craft and a Break 2 quartz equipped (+40%): 1400 Break damage
- C rank Craft with Break 3 quartz (+60%), Break 2 quartz (+40%): 2500 Break damage
Most Crafts in the game have accurate and consistent letter grade ranks that correspond to what they do but there are a few exceptions that I’ll list here.
Cross Break says C++ Power:
- This is likely just a typo. It should say C+
Twilit Blades Power rank:
- It says D but should say E (its ATS multiplier is weaker than standard attacks by 10%)
Tempest Edge Power rank:
- It says S but it should say A+
Reaper’s Whirlwind Break rank:
- It says C but should say D
Rosetta Arrow is wrong in numerous ways:
- Power says B+ but should say A.
- Break says C but should say C+.
- There is an unlisted Critical Hit bonus on this Craft (maybe 20-30%?)
And that’s all of it guys! This list is likely currently incomplete. We will be adding more details soon. In the meantime, feel free to leave a suggestion to improve this guide. Credits go to Focus for this new guide.