The Tenants developed by Ancient Forge Studio is here and has everything to excite you in this puzzled-simulation game. However, many PC players reported the black screen and random crashing issues just spoiled the gaming experience.
If you’re one of the players who have been getting these kinds of issues, don’t worry, as we’re here to give you some of the general steps on how to fix these problems.
Before Getting Started
At the start of our troubleshooting process, we want you to take a look at the system requirements of The Tenants. Make sure that your PC is powerful enough to handle the game properly. Below is the minimum and recommended system requirements for The Tenants.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or newer
- Processor: Intel Core i3 3,20GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 955 3,2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 / AMD R7-260X
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 580
If your PC is lower than the minimum requirements, we highly suggest that you get some hardware upgrade. For players who have at least reached the minimum system requirements, try the fixes below.
- Verify the game’s integrity files
- Update PC drivers
- Force close resource-hogging software
- Disable or exclude the game from your antivirus
Verify the Game’s Integrity Files
Every time that you encounter the game crashing on The Tenants, you should first verify the integrity of the game. This method will repair any damaged or missing files that cause your The Tenants game to crash. Below are the steps on how to do this:
- Open Steam and click the Library tab.
- On the left side, find and right-click The Tenants’ icon.
- Select Properties and go to Local Files tab.
- Under this section, click the “Verify integrity of game files…” button.
Wait until the verification is complete and see if the issue has been solved. If not, proceed to the next step.
Update PC Drivers
Another reason why you’re getting a black screen and random game crash while playing The Tenants is your outdated drivers. Below are the download links where you can get the latest and official drivers for your computer.
- Download the latest DirectX version
- Download the latest VCRedist version
- Download the latest dotNet Framework version
- Download the latest GPU drivers
Close Resource-Hogging Software
Chances are you have lots of software installed on your PC. Some of these softwares have been constantly using the resources that possibly trigger The Tenants crashing. We highly suggest closing the applications that you are not using while playing The Tenants.
Some of the most popular applications that eat lots of resources while in the background are Chrome Browser, Media Players, and more. You can close these applications by killing them using the Task Manager.
Disable or Exclude the Game From Your Antivirus
Another reason why The Tenants keeps on crashing on PC is your antivirus. Antivirus companies have been usually updating their software to tighten security. There’s a chance that The Tenants’ executable file (.exe) is being marked as a virus.
If you download the game from the official site such as Steam, we’re 100% sure that the game files are safe. So, you have to exclude the .exe of Beyond The Wire and see if the problem has been solved.
And that’s all for this The Tenants troubleshooting guide. We’re hoping that the method above helped you. If you have more suggestion, feel free to tell us by leaving a comment below.