This guide aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of Times of War, covering gameplay basics, maps and levels, secrets, towers, and unit management. It serves as a go-to resource for players seeking to enhance their skills and knowledge, offering valuable insights and expert advice at every step. Whether you’re a casual player or a dedicated defender, this guide will empower you to conquer the game’s challenges and emerge as an unstoppable force on the battlefield.
The guide can be further expanded with additional sections or topics as needed, catering to specific player interests and providing continuous updates as new game features and content are released.
The primary objective of a tower defense game is to defend a specific location or base from waves of incoming enemies. Your task is to strategically place defensive structures, known as towers, along the enemy’s path to prevent them from reaching their destination.
Tower placement is crucial for success. You’ll have designated spots where you can build towers. Carefully consider the terrain, enemy pathing, and strategic chokepoints when deciding where to position your towers. Optimal tower placement maximizes their effectiveness in targeting and eliminating enemies.
- Gun Towers: These towers provide standard firepower and are effective against a wide range of enemy units, they have very long range and are very efficient for air vehicles.
- Laser Towers: These towers have 5% chance to reduce 5% health of armored vehicles by default. They offer a specialized attack against heavily armored foes, and they have teleport as final technology to upgrade.
- Plasma Towers: These towers unleash powerful plasma attacks that can deal significant damage to enemy units. They provide a unique and devastating offensive capability, dealing AOE damage and having teleport as almost primary tech.
- Cryogen Towers: These towers are used to cool down overheating towers. By placing them near overheated towers, they help maintain optimal performance by reducing their temperature.
- Additional Tower Types (Future Updates): Times Of War also has plans to introduce additional tower types such as missile towers, electric towers, and more. These new towers will provide even more strategic options for players to explore.
Towers can often be upgraded to increase their power and effectiveness. Upgrades may include enhanced damage, increased attack speed, larger attack range, and additional crit chance abilities. Allocate resources wisely to prioritize upgrading towers strategically.
In Times Of War, different map environments have varying temperatures that can impact the performance of towers.
- Desert maps are characterized by high temperatures. The scorching heat in these environments affects the performance of towers. Towers may experience increased heating rates, reduced cooling efficiency, or other temperature-related challenges. It’s important to take these high temperatures into account when strategizing your tower placements and managing their performance.
- Forest maps have moderate temperatures. The cool climate in these environments poses a moderate impact on tower performance. While the temperatures may not be as extreme as in desert maps, towers may still require efficient cooling mechanisms or temperature management strategies to maintain their optimal functionality.
- Snow maps feature low temperatures. The icy cold conditions in these environments can significantly affect tower performance in a good way keeping them nice and cool.
It’s important to consider the temperature conditions of each map type while planning your tower placements and strategies. Adapting to the unique temperature challenges of each environment will help you optimize your tower performance and increase your chances of success in Times Of War.
How Resource Management Works
Power is a vital resource in the game, and you need to manage your power capacity effectively. Power is produced by Power Plants and stored in Batteries. Upgrading Power Plants increases their production capacity, while Batteries store the generated power. You’ll need an extra power point over the initial cost for any purchase or tower upgrade.
When placing towers, it’s important to consider their power consumption. Each tower consumes a certain amount of power, which reduces your available power capacity. Balancing the number and types of towers you place is crucial to ensure you don’t exceed your power capacity.
Constructing Power Plants increases your power capacity and reduces power consumption. Power Plants produce power that is stored in Batteries. Placing Power Plants strategically they connect to power poles and ensures you have enough power to support your defense infrastructure.
As you progress in the game and gain experience, you earn Tech Points that can be spent in the Tech Tree. The Tech Tree offers various upgrades, including those related to resource management. These upgrades can improve efficiency in resource utilization.
In Times Of War, resource management extends beyond power capacity and includes various materials stored in the warehouse.
The warehouse is where you store essential resources such as Metal Plates, Granite Plates, Wood Plates, Barrels, and Cement Bags. These resources are used for various purposes, upgrading the warehouse, building traps, and in later updates other gameplay mechanics.
Similar to the power capacity upgrades, you can also upgrade the warehouse to increase its storage capacity.
Upgrading the warehouse allows you to store larger quantities of resources, enabling you to stockpile materials for future use.
It’s important to gather resources throughout the gameplay to replenish your warehouse stocks.
In Times Of War, auxiliary structures play a crucial role in increasing your power capacity
Maintenance and Malfunctions
It’s important to note that auxiliary structures in Times Of War are not maintenance-free. These structures may occasionally malfunction, leading to a temporary decrease in their power-generating capabilities. To restore their functionality, you’ll need to perform maintenance tasks or repairs
Structures types are:
Oil Pump Jacks
Oil pump jacks are used to extract oil resources, which can be converted into power.
Wind Turbines and Wind Mills
Wind turbines and wind mills harness the power of the wind to generate electricity.
River Mills and River Dams
River mills and river dams make use of flowing water to generate hydroelectric power.
Solar panels harness the energy of the sun to produce electricity.
And more will come.
Managing auxiliary structures involves a balance between the benefits they provide in terms of increased power capacity and the need for regular maintenance.
Traps and Detonations
Placing traps consume power capacity. Traps provide additional defensive capabilities, but be mindful of their power requirements and manage your power capacity accordingly.
Effective resource management in Times Of War involves balancing power generation, tower placement, upgrades, and utilizing traps strategically. By carefully managing your resources, you can optimize your defense capabilities and withstand enemy assaults more effectively.
Enemies typically appear in waves, with each wave becoming progressively stronger and more challenging. Waves may consist of different unit types, each with unique strengths, speeds and weaknesses. Analyze units characteristics and adjust your tower placement plus upgrades accordingly to counter their threats effectively.