Niantic has just announced that Armored Mewtwo is coming to Tier-5 Raid Battles in Pokemon GO. Unlike the regular Legendary Mewtwo, Armored Mewtwo is far way better in terms of health, damage, and other statistics.
Starting on July 10th until July 31st, players will be able to battle with Armored Mewtwo in Raid Battles. Heading to a battle unprepared is just a huge loss, so to help you prepare and defeat Mewtwo’s new form, here are the best Pokemon that you can use if you’re planning to defeat Armored Mewtwo.
Armored Mewtwo Best Counters
- Giratina (Origin) with Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Gengar with Shadow Claw / Hex, Shadow Ball
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut, Shadow Ball
- Tyranitar with Bite, Crunch
- Banette with Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Weavile with Feint Attack, Foul Play
- Deoxys (Attack Form) with Poison Jab, Dark Pulse
- Absol with Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Honchkrow with Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Raikou with Thunder Shock, Shadow Ball
As you can see, it’s the same Pokemon that we use to counter a normal Mewtwo. But as stated above, Armored Mewtwo is more powerful so make sure to prepare and gather high-level players if you want to take down Mewtwo’s new form.