XCOM 2: Shen’s Last Gift DLC Achievement Guide
This guide will be covering the steps on how to get the 100% achievement in XCOM 2: Shen’s Last Gift. If you’re one of the XCOM 2 players who own this DLC and want to obtain all the new achievements, feel free to check our guide below.
XCOM 2: Shen’s Last Gift Achievement Guide
Make ’em go Boom – Kill an enemy primed Derelict MEC before it can self-destruct
- In the Lost Towers mission, the Derelict MECs can use their ability to “self-destruct” attack. During the enemy turn, the Derelict MEC ends his turn arming (preparing for the self-destruction), the next turn it may activate the destruction to deal with explosive damage.
A Torch Passed – Beat the Lost Towers mission
- The mission itself will appear as a point of interest on the world map you have to scan. There will be a cutscene where Lily’s rover will go a bit crazy, and you have to scan for the mission to appear and be acceptable. You might want to prepare and take your time to do the mission, as it will appear very early in the timeline where your equipment and level might make it harder than it needs to be. The mission itself will feature Chief Engineer Lily Shen with a full Specialist build, she is quite capable of doing some mechanical tricks (Haywire will be a winner). Consider taking units that are good against robotic units and have abilities that will help you defeat hard targets. As the mission stages will require you to move fast, traditional sharpshooters will not shine very mich, Grenadiers with Shredder will be helpful.
Just Like Dad Used To Make – Build a SPARK unit
- SPARK units are built in Proving Ground, once the DLC mission “Lost Towers” is completed (if Shen’s Last Gift is disabled, after completing “Mechanized Warfare” Proving Ground project (needs ADVENT Robotics research as a prerequisite); or if you have WotC integrated DLC active, then after building Proving Grounds). You will need resources depending on your difficulty level (2 Elerium cores, 100-150 supplies, 20-30 alien alloys, 5-10 Elerium crystals, and 14-20 days without Engineer).
Rise of the Robots – Complete a mission with three or more SPARK units in the squad
- Have three (or more) different SPARK units in your roster, and complete a mission. Your team setup should take into account the effectiveness of your party, best done after upgrading squad size in the GTS. Also, consider fulfilling ‘Our new Overlords’ with one SPARK and then use that upgraded one and two lower-ranked ones if you’re going for all achievements in one run.
Always be Shooting – Hit three shots on a single turn with a SPARK unit after using its Overdrive ability
- The SPARK unit needs to activate its zero tier ability “Overdrive”, and then hit three shots. The achievement does not need to have three shots on the same target, neither will3you have to kill your targets, just hit. While you can rely on luck, you can, of course, help your robotic friend to hit: Have holo targeting on an enemy, level up your SPARK to have a higher aim, chose Adaptive Aim on Aspirant level as an ability to remove original aim penalty of Overdrive, position on the battlefield to get better range modifiers (up or nearer to your targets), have your weapons modified (in WotC only), or any other means to improve aim. With WotC, shooting and killing Lost will also gain you the achievement easily. Don’t forget to have reloaded for at least three bullets!
Axles to Axles, Bolts to Bolts – Defeat a robotic enemy with a SPARK unit
- Have an active SPARK unit in your mission roster. Have your SPARK actively deal the killing blow to a mechanical enemy (ADVENT MEC, ADVENT Turret, Codex, Sectopod, Spectre, Andromedon Shell, Gatekeeper (Closed shell)) in normal gameplay. The SPARK unit gained on the Lost Towers mission is also viable, have it destroy a Derelict MEC or Turret there.
Running on fumes – A SPARK unit survives a mission it started with less than half health
- SPARK units that are damaged during a mission cab be healed in the Engineering repair facility. Once you have your SPARK unit returning from a mission with less than half health (f.ex. max 4 out of 10, if play mode is normal), and then enter another mission and the SPARK survives, the achievement triggers. The Engineering repair procedure should probably be switched off for your designated SPARK unit, depending on the time between your first and second mission here, in order not to heal and get to or over half of your HP total. To get one SPARK to under half HP, you can either wait for one to be hit enough in the course of a mission (or deliberately putting him in the enemies lines) or for a more safe and predictable way use explosives/area damage including your SPARK or other means to subtract from it (for example, the Nova ability in the SPARK Champion level will help in a calculatable manner, and you can link it to ‘Our New Overlords’ achievement.
Our New Overlords – Promote a SPARK unit to Champion rank
- Have a SPARK unit get experience to rank up to 6th level (max level, “Champion”).
Bells and Whistles – Outfit a SPARK unit with the highest tier weaponry and armor
- The highest tier weaponry and armor is level 3, so you have to research Plasma Rifles (for Elerium Plasma Cannon) and Powered Armor (for Anodized Chassis), buy this equipment in Engineering (needs a significant amount of supplies, elerium and alloys) and have your SPARK outfitted with both. Tier 2 equipment (Helix Railcannon, Reinforced Frame)is not needed to be applied before.
Matter Over Mind – Defeat an Avatar with a SPARK unit
- As the Avatar unit will only be deployed in the mission where you skulljack a Codex or in the very last mission, there aren’t many opportunities. Luckily, you can prepare for both occasions, but it’s probably easier to do it on the Codex-mission. Have your SPARK unit deal the killing blow on the Avatar.
And that’s everything for this XCOM 2: Shen’s Last Gift achievement guide. For those who haven’t obtained all the achievement in the base game, feel free to check this guide.