This beginner-friendly Steam guide is designed to help new players hit the ground running in Contraband Police. It provides essential tips and tricks for starting the game with confidence, offering expert strategies and helpful advice to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for those just starting their border control adventures.
Welcome to the fascinating world of Contraband Police! In this unique simulation game, you’ll step into the shoes of a border patrol officer in the Eastern European nation of Acaristan during the 1980s. Your mission is to inspect vehicles crossing the border, search for hidden contraband, and apprehend lawbreakers. The game offers an engaging blend of strategy, problem-solving, and time management that sets it apart from other simulation games.
This guide is designed to provide you with valuable tips and tricks to help you get started and excel in your new role as a border patrol officer. We’ll cover everything from managing your resources effectively to optimizing your daily tasks for maximum efficiency. So, prepare to dive into the thrilling and challenging experience that is Contraband Police, and let this guide be your roadmap to success!
Let’s dive right in!
Familiarize Yourself with the Tools:
As a border patrol officer in Contraband Police, you’ll have access to various tools that are crucial for inspecting vehicles and apprehending smugglers. To ensure success, it’s essential to know how to use each tool effectively and practice with them regularly:
- Knife: The knife is a vital tool for cutting open suspicious packages or removing parts of a vehicle’s interior to reveal hidden compartments. Familiarize yourself with the proper technique to avoid damaging the vehicle or causing injury. As you gain experience using the knife, you’ll become more adept at locating and accessing hidden areas.
- Crowbar: A crowbar is indispensable for prying open crates, containers, or other secured objects that may contain contraband. It’s also useful for accessing hidden compartments within a vehicle’s structure. Learn how to leverage the crowbar effectively and safely to avoid damage to the vehicle or yourself. With practice, you’ll become more efficient at using the crowbar to uncover concealed items.
- Flashlight: The flashlight is a crucial tool for illuminating dark areas and revealing hidden compartments or objects within vehicles. Learn how to angle the flashlight to provide the best visibility while inspecting vehicles, especially in low-light conditions. As you become more proficient with the flashlight, you’ll be able to spot potential hiding places more quickly and conduct thorough inspections.
And others that I might add later
By taking the time to practice using these tools and understanding their functions, you’ll become more proficient in their use, making your job significantly more manageable. This will allow you to conduct more efficient and effective vehicle inspections, ultimately helping you succeed as a border patrol officer in Contraband Police.
Make it a point to practice using each tool and understand its functions. As you gain experience, you’ll become more proficient in their use, making your job significantly more manageable.
Check Documents Thoroughly:
One of your primary responsibilities as a border patrol officer in Contraband Police is to verify the documents of travelers crossing the border. Ensuring that all documents are accurate and up-to-date is crucial for maintaining border security. To excel in this aspect of the game, keep the following tips in mind:
- Develop a systematic approach: Establish a routine for checking each document, such as starting with the passport photo, moving to the name and date of birth, and then verifying the vehicle registration number. This methodical approach will help you avoid missing any essential information and ensure that you catch discrepancies more effectively.
- Pay close attention to details: Look for minor inconsistencies such as mismatched photos, incorrect names, or expired documents. These subtle errors can be easy to miss but may indicate a traveler attempting to cross the border with false identification.
- Use the in-game manual: The manual provided in Contraband Police is an invaluable resource for understanding the various types of documents you’ll encounter. Consult it regularly to familiarize yourself with the different forms, stamps, and other relevant details.
- Ask questions: If you’re unsure about a particular aspect of a document or suspect that something is amiss, don’t hesitate to question the traveler. Their responses may provide additional insight and help you make an informed decision about whether to grant them passage or investigate further.
- Learn from experience: As you progress in the game, you’ll become more adept at identifying potential smugglers and spotting discrepancies in documents. Take note of common errors and use this knowledge to improve your skills and become even more efficient at your job.
By implementing these strategies and remaining vigilant, you’ll be able to verify travelers’ documents and maintain border security in Contraband Police.
Manage Your Time Wisely:
With a constant stream of vehicles arriving at your checkpoint, effective time management is crucial in Contraband Police. Balancing speed and thoroughness is essential to maintaining border security while ensuring a smooth flow of traffic. Here are some tips to help you develop an efficient routine:
- Establish a consistent inspection process: Create a step-by-step procedure for inspecting vehicles and documents. By following a consistent routine, you’ll become more efficient and minimize the chances of overlooking critical details. However, be prepared to modify your approach based on each vehicle’s unique characteristics.
- Prioritize tasks: Assess each situation and prioritize tasks accordingly. For example, if you notice several vehicles waiting in line, focus on quickly inspecting documents and performing a cursory search of the vehicle. If a vehicle appears suspicious, take the time to conduct a more thorough search.
- Adapt your tactics: While having a consistent process is essential, it’s also crucial to remain flexible and adjust your tactics based on the situation at hand. Be prepared to change your approach if a particular method isn’t working or if new information comes to light during an inspection.
- Utilize available resources: Make the most of the tools and equipment at your disposal to expedite the inspection process. For instance, use the drug-sniffing dog for a faster search of a vehicle or consult the in-game manual to verify documents more quickly.
- Learn from experience: As you gain experience in Contraband Police, you’ll become more adept at managing your time effectively. Take note of the strategies that work best for you and refine your approach to maximize your efficiency at the checkpoint.
By incorporating these tips into your gameplay, you’ll be able to manage your time more effectively, ensuring a smooth flow of traffic at the checkpoint while maintaining border security in Contraband Police.
Learn from Your Mistakes:
Embrace Mistakes and Learn from Them:
In Contraband Police, even the most experienced border patrol officers will make mistakes from time to time. Instead of getting discouraged, use these moments as opportunities for growth and improvement. Here are some tips on how to learn from your errors and become a better officer:
- Analyze your mistakes: When you make a mistake, take a moment to reflect on what went wrong. Was it a lapse in concentration, a misinterpretation of information, or a flaw in your inspection process? Understanding the root cause of your error will help you prevent similar mistakes in the future.
- Keep a log of common errors: Maintain a list of the mistakes you’ve made during your playthrough. This will allow you to identify patterns and address any recurring issues in your gameplay.
- Seek feedback: If you’re unsure about a specific aspect of the game, don’t hesitate to seek advice from other players or online forums. The Contraband Police community can provide valuable insights and tips to help you overcome challenges and improve your skills.
- Implement changes: Once you’ve identified areas for improvement, take action to address them. This may involve refining your inspection process, adjusting your priorities, or practicing using certain tools more effectively.
- Be patient and persistent: Improving your skills in Contraband Police will take time and effort. Remain patient and committed to your growth, knowing that each mistake brings you closer to becoming a more skilled and efficient border patrol officer.
By embracing your mistakes and learning from them, you’ll continually improve your abilities and become a more effective officer in Contraband Police. Remember that progress may be gradual, but with dedication and a willingness to learn, you’ll become a master of border security in no time.
Pay Attention to Random Events:
Contraband Police features random events that can significantly impact your day as a border patrol officer. These events can range from vehicle breakdowns and accidents to VIP travelers and even terrorist threats. It’s essential to remain vigilant and adaptable, as these events can often throw a wrench into your routine and require you to shift your focus quickly.
To successfully navigate random events, it’s crucial to:
- Stay Informed: Keep an eye on the in-game notifications and updates. These alerts will provide you with information about ongoing events and help you prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Adapt Your Strategy: When a random event occurs, be ready to change your approach. You may need to modify your inspection routine, call for backup, or even evacuate the checkpoint depending on the situation.
- Communicate with Your Team: Cooperation with your fellow officers is essential during random events. Make sure to share information, delegate tasks, and work together to handle the challenges that arise effectively.
- Learn from Experience: Each random event is an opportunity to improve your skills and decision-making abilities. Take note of how you handled the situation and consider what you might do differently in the future.
Upgrade Your Tools and Abilities
As you progress in Contraband Police, you’ll accumulate points that can be used to upgrade your tools and abilities. It’s essential to prioritize upgrades that align with your playstyle and contribute to your efficiency as a border patrol officer. Carefully consider which resources will have the most significant impact on your overall performance.
When deciding on upgrades, focus on essential items such as your car(s), house, and personnel. Upgrading your personnel is particularly crucial for maintaining security and efficiency. For example, upgrading your officers to the SMG level provides them with extra health, making them less likely to die during post-attacks and saving you money in the long run. While the rifle level isn’t a top priority since you’ll be handling most of the combat, it’s still an option to consider.
Investing in your jail guard is another wise decision, as they play a vital role in maintaining order and preventing escapes. On the other hand, upgrades like the sniper and post guards might not offer as much value for the investment and can be passed over in favor of more critical upgrades.
Additionally, don’t forget to upgrade your tools, such as the metal detector, scanner, and drug-sniffing dog. Improved tools will help you detect contraband more effectively and streamline your inspection process.
In summary, the key to success in Contraband Police is to make strategic decisions when upgrading your resources. Prioritize those that will enhance your performance, improve your efficiency, and align with your playstyle. By making smart investments, you’ll be better equipped to handle the challenges that come your way as a border patrol officer.
Save Yourself a Ride: Arrest Criminals Early
Smugglers can be tricky and may attempt to flee once they realize they’ve been caught with contraband. Pursuing them takes valuable time, and in the end, you might not even recover all the illegal items due to the pressure of the ticking clock. To avoid this scenario, take the following steps to apprehend smugglers quickly and efficiently:
Be vigilant and proactive: Keep an eye out for any signs of contraband as you inspect a vehicle. If you spot a suspicious mark with your UV light, don’t hesitate to arrest the suspect on the spot. This prevents them from escaping and saves you the hassle of a high-speed chase.
Continue the inspection: Once the smuggler is in custody, you can take your time searching the vehicle for the remaining contraband. With the suspect already arrested, there’s no need to rush through the inspection, allowing you to be more thorough and ensure you find everything.
Focus on your rating: Remember that your rating is determined after you’ve asked your comrade to clear the vehicle. By arresting the smuggler early on, you’ve bought yourself extra time to conduct a comprehensive inspection and achieve a higher rating.
Learn from experience: As you encounter more smugglers in the game, you’ll develop a keen sense for spotting hidden contraband and apprehending suspects before they have a chance to flee. Use each encounter as a learning experience to sharpen your skills and become more efficient in your duties as a border patrol officer.
By being proactive with smugglers, you’ll save time, recover more contraband, and improve your overall rating in Contraband Police, making you a more effective and successful officer.
Embrace the Learning Curve and Keep Improving
Contraband Police is a complex game with a steep learning curve, and it’s natural for beginners to face challenges in the early stages. The key to success lies in perseverance, practice, and continuous learning. Here’s how you can improve and grow as a border patrol officer:
Stay patient and persistent: Don’t let initial struggles discourage you. It takes time to master the game mechanics, develop inspection routines, and familiarize yourself with the various tools and procedures. Embrace the challenges and use them as opportunities to learn and hone your skills.
Reflect on your experiences: After each in-game day or inspection, take a moment to review your performance. Identify areas where you excelled and those that need improvement. By reflecting on your experiences, you’ll gain valuable insights and be better prepared for future encounters.
Learn from the community: Engage with fellow players, watch online tutorials, or read guides and tips shared by others. The Contraband Police community can be a wealth of knowledge and provide valuable advice to help you improve your gameplay.
Experiment with different strategies: As you gain experience, don’t be afraid to try new approaches or modify your tactics. By experimenting with different strategies, you’ll discover the most efficient and effective methods that work best for you.
Set personal goals: Establish specific goals for yourself, such as achieving a higher rating, apprehending more smugglers, or reducing the number of mistakes you make. Having clear objectives will keep you motivated and focused on improving your skills.
By embracing the learning process, staying persistent, and continuously refining your skills, you’ll gradually transform into a more efficient and effective border patrol officer in Contraband Police, ensuring your success in the game.
Master the Game and Excel as a Border Patrol Officer
Contraband Police is an intricate and immersive game that requires dedication, strategy, and finesse to excel as a border patrol officer. To truly master the game, you’ll need to dive deep into its mechanics and nuances. Here’s how you can further enhance your skills and become an expert player:
Study the game’s world: Immerse yourself in the world of Contraband Police by learning about the game’s backstory, political climate, and the various factions. Understanding the context of your job and the motivations of the people you encounter can help you make better-informed decisions.
Optimize your workflow: As you gain experience, identify ways to streamline your inspection process and improve efficiency. For example, create a mental checklist for inspecting vehicles and documents, or develop a system for organizing your workspace and tools.
Anticipate challenges: As you become more familiar with the game, you’ll start to recognize patterns and identify potential threats. Use this knowledge to anticipate challenges and develop contingency plans to tackle them effectively.
Master the art of negotiation: Contraband Police involves interacting with various characters, some of whom may be uncooperative or dishonest. Improve your negotiation and communication skills to extract information and defuse tense situations.
Keep up with updates and expansions: Stay informed about any game updates, patches, or expansions to ensure you’re always prepared for new challenges and content. Keeping up with the latest changes will help you maintain your edge and adapt your strategies accordingly.
Share your expertise: As you become an expert player, consider sharing your knowledge with others. Create guides, offer tips, or mentor newer players to help them improve. Sharing your expertise not only helps others but also solidifies your understanding of the game.
By going the extra mile and diving deep into the intricacies of Contraband Police, you’ll not only enhance your skills but also gain a deeper appreciation for the game’s immersive world and challenging mechanics. With dedication, practice, and strategic thinking, you’ll master the game and excel as a border patrol officer.
With these tips and tricks in hand, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an expert border patrol officer in Contraband Police. Remember to stay focused, make smart decisions, and always be prepared for the unexpected. Good luck, and happy patrolling!