DiRT Rally – How to Get Take Your Pick Achievement
This guide will be covering the steps on how you can easily obtain the achievement called “Take Your Pick” in DiRT Rally. If you’re one of the players having a hard time getting the achievement, this guide is for you.
Take Your Pick Achievement Guide
So you might have seen the “Take Your Pick” achievement at some point and tried to earn it, only to miss out on it at the last moment during hill-climb. But don’t worry, there is a way even for us keyboard users, noobs to get this seemingly veteran tier achievement! You just have to be decent enough to not go off-track every now and then.
Purchase a Hill-Climb vehicle, start playing the stages with it. Upgrade it to the fullest and get familiar with the hill-climb tracks at Pikes Peak as well as your car. Learn the tracks well. This does need a bit of practice but it’s easier to get the achievement this way. I promise!
Do the following steps:
- Go to Custom Events tab on the right side from the main menu of the game.
- Select the Hillclimb event.
- Select Pikes Peak, USA as the location. It should be the default location anyway.
- Select any number of stages you want. I recommend 2 stages. One for warm-up, and second for actually trying for the achievement.
- Just below the number of stages, there’s an option called “Results Type”. Select “Community Delta” for this one.
- Hit enter and that’s all! Now all you need to do is beat the community delta time during both of your runs in these stages. This means you have to be first in both runs while also beating your own time from the first run during your second run.
Why Community Delta?
For some reason, the community delta timings are way longer than the OPEN difficulty. This means you get ample time to safely complete the run and still beat the target by a huge margin. In this event, your only opponent is the community delta timing.
So there are only two “participants” in this event including you. I got this achievement just this morning with this method purely by coincidence so I thought I’d help out my fellow racer boys and girls. Have fun!