Hitman 3 has now arrived and the game has everything to excite you in this new stealth-action game. While many players have already been having a hard time playing Hitman 3, it seems that there are also who are having some issues in the game. According to reports, PC players are experiencing random game crashing, black screen, and freezing issues.
If you’re one of the players getting this kind of issues in Hitman 3, you might want to try our recommended fixes to solve the problem. Below is the troubleshooting process to help you fix the black screen and game crashing in Hitman 3.
Before we start with the troubleshooting procedures, we want you to look at your current hardware setup. Make sure that your PC is capable enough to run Hitman 3. If you’re not sure if you can smoothly run the game, here’s the Hitman 3 system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 4790 4 GHz
- RAM: 16 GB
- GPU: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD GPU Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB
For those who meet the requirements but still getting the issues mentioned above, below are the fixes that you can try.
- Check Hitman 3 Game Integrity
- Download the latest PC drivers
- Kill resource-hogging software
- Disable or exclude Hitman 3 from antivirus
Hitman 3’s Game Integrity Verification
Every time that you encounter the game crashing on Hitman 3, you should first verify the integrity of the game. This process will repair any damaged or missing files that cause your Hitman 3 game to crash. Below are the steps on how to do this:
- Open Steam and click the Library tab.
- On the left side, find and right-click the Hitman 3’s icon.
- Select Properties and go to Local Files tab.
- Under this section, click the “Verify integrity of game files…” button.
Wait until the verification is complete and see if the issue has been solved. If not, proceed to the next step.
Download the Latest PC Drivers
Another reason why you’re getting a black screen and random game crash while playing Hitman 3 is your outdated drivers. If you’re not sure if you have the latest drivers for your PC, check out the links below.
- Get the latest DirectX version
- Get the latest VCRedist version
- Get the latest dotNet Framework version
- Get the latest GPU drivers
Note that all links above are verified and from the official sources.
Kill Resource-Hogging Applications
Chances are you have lots of applications installed on your PC. Some of these applications have been constantly using the resources that possibly trigger Hitman 3 crashing. We highly suggest closing the software that you are not using while playing Hitman 3.
Some of the most popular software that eats lots of resources while in the background are Media Players, web browsers such as Firefox and Chrome, and more. You can close these applications by closing them using the Task Manager.
Disable or Exclude the Game From Antivirus
Another reason why Hitman 3 keeps on crashing on PC is your antivirus. Antivirus companies have been usually updating their software to enhance security. There’s a chance that Hitman 3’s executable file (.exe) is being marked as a virus.
If you download the Hitman 3 from the official site such as Steam, we’re 100% sure that the game files are safe. So, you have to exclude the .exe of Hitman 3 and see if the problem has been solved.