To cast Google Meet to a Chromecast-connected TV, you will need a TV with a connected Chromecast, a Chromecast built-in TV, or a Nest smart display. Additionally, you will need a computer with a Wi-Fi connection. To start casting before joining a meeting, you can use either Google Calendar or the Meet app. In either of these platforms, choose the Cast-enabled device in the Cast tab.
During a meeting, you can select the three-dot menu and choose “Cast this meeting” to cast the meeting to your Chromecast-connected TV. To stop casting, simply select the three-dot menu again and choose “Stop casting meeting”.
- TV with a connected Chromecast, Chromecast built-in TV, or Nest smart display needed
- Computer with Wi-Fi connection needed
- Can start casting before joining a meeting using either Google Calendar or Meet app
- Choose Cast-enabled device in Cast tab
- During a meeting, select three-dot menu and choose “Cast this meeting” to cast to TV
- Stop casting by selecting three-dot menu and choosing “Stop casting meeting”
Casting Google Meet Using A Chromecast-Connected Tv
Google Meet, the popular video conferencing platform, provides a seamless way to cast your meetings on a Chromecast-connected TV. Whether you have a TV with a connected Chromecast, a Chromecast built-in TV, or a Nest smart display, you can easily share your meeting screen for a more immersive experience.
However, before we delve into the details of how to cast Google Meet to a Chromecast-connected TV, you need to ensure that you have a computer with a Wi-Fi connection and have already set up your Chromecast and familiarized yourself with using Google Meet.
Steps To Cast Before And During A Google Meet Meeting
To start casting a Google Meet meeting on your Chromecast-connected TV, you have two options: casting before joining a meeting or casting during a meeting.
1. Casting before joining a meeting:
- If you are scheduled for a meeting through Google Calendar, open the event details and click on the “Join with Google Meet” link.
Alternatively, you can open the Google Meet app and join the meeting from there. – Once you are on the video call preview screen, click on the “Cast this meeting” option located in the bottom toolbar.
- A Cast tab will appear, displaying a list of available Cast-enabled devices on your network. Choose the Chromecast-connected TV you want to cast to.
- Once you’ve selected the device, the meeting screen will start casting on your TV, allowing you to join the meeting with audio and video.
2. Casting during a meeting:
- While in a Google Meet meeting, click on the three-dot menu located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, select the “Cast this meeting” option. – Similar to the previous method, choose the Chromecast-connected TV from the Cast tab.
- The meeting will now be cast to your TV, and you can continue participating in the meeting without any interruptions.
How To Stop Casting A Google Meet Meeting
Once your meeting has ended, or if you no longer wish to cast it to the Chromecast-connected TV, you can easily stop casting by following these simple steps:
- During the meeting, click on the three-dot menu located in the bottom-right corner of the screen. – From the menu, select the “Stop casting meeting” option.
- The meeting will no longer be cast on your TV, and you can disconnect from the meeting as usual.
Casting Google Meet to a Chromecast-connected TV provides you with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a larger, more visible format. Whether you choose to cast before joining a meeting or during a meeting, the process is simple and ensures that everyone can easily participate and engage in a shared virtual environment.
So, why not make the most of your Chromecast and enhance your Google Meet experience?