Due to some technical issues, Niantic has announced that the invite friends to raids feature won’t be released this month. Unfortunately, the developer did not reveal the exact technical issue of why they have to postpone the release of the feature.
In case you’re not aware, the new feature will allow players to invite up to 5 friends to join him/her in raid battles. Niantic also clarified that their location does not matter as long as they receive a direct invite.
How to use Friends to Raids feature?
- Once the feature goes live, players will see a + button in the private and public raid lobbies.
- Tapping the + button will allow you to send invitations to five of your friends.
- Invited friends will see the invitations on their Nearby screen (when in-game) or notification.
- Clicking this notification will automatically bring them to the raid lobby.
- Players don’t need to use any pass. The passes will only be consumed once the battle starts.
Check out Niantic’s official announcement below.
Trainers, due to technical issues, we unfortunately will not be able to launch the ability to invite Friends to Raids this month. We will continue working towards a future release date. Please keep an eye on our official channels for further updates.
— Niantic Support (@NianticHelp) June 29, 2020