Along with the release of update 1.2.0 for the main branch, developer TaleWorlds has also rolled out the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord update 1.3.0 for the beta branch.
The new Mount and Blade 2 beta branch 1.3.0 were released today, April 24th, to address issues appearing in the single-player and multiplayer mode of the game. Both modes have received fixes on crashing issues and minor gameplay changes.
In addition, the beta branch update 1.3.0 also includes stability and performance improvements. To know more about what’s new in the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord beta branch, check the update changelog below.
Update: Bannerlord Update 1.3.0 has been moved to the main branch. Check out the other details here.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update 1.3.0 Beta Branch Patch Notes
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when two player-related events on the campaign map started at the same time.
- Fixed a game freeze that happened when a party is persuaded in the middle of siege preparation.
- Fixed an issue where maxing out attributes and focus points crashed the game.
- Significantly reduced scene loading times.
- Performance improvements for battles.
- Improvements, additions and corrections for some texts.
- Turkish localisation updates.
- 3 new menu backgrounds added.
- Added AI flee points in villages.
- Updated some prop LODs.
- Fixed some mesh physics problems.
- Fixed some issues in the Empire tavern scene.
- Fixed LOD issues in the forest hideout scene.
- Fixed clipping issues on various clothes.
- Glaive attack animations added for camel riders on the campaign map.
- Animation overhaul of initial character creation stages.
- World Map GPU memory usage reduced.
- Fixed an exploit in inventory that let the player take the equipment of heroes that joined the party for a quest.
- Fixed an error while closing the game with ALT-F4.
- Minor fixes and tweaks in scene notification popup, character developer.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze while changing compared item stats with ALT when there is no available item to compare in the inventory.
- Fixed placement of perks, full learning rate and current skill vertical indicators in character developer.
- Fixed speed mount icon being shown for non-mountable animals.
- Minor performance improvement for SP kill-feed and SP scoreboard.
- Fixed main party health tooltip formatting in the map info bar.
- Made the character developer screen more widescreen friendly.
- Added Destroyed and Not Destroyed filter options to the clan list page in the encyclopedia.
- Added Alive/Dead status filter options to encyclopedia hero list page.
- Destroyed clans’ banners now show up less saturated in encyclopedia pages.
- Loaded modules panel in Saved Games is now scrollable.
Battles and Sieges
- Increased effect of number advantage in simulation battles.
- Siege assault battles now last longer in simulation.
- Increased effect of wall quality in siege assault simulations.
- Battle missions check the maturity of agents during spawning and increase age if required.
- Fixed a problem that caused AI to fall from walls at the siege tower attachment position.
- During sally outs, garrisons now consider all enemy power outside of the settlement, not just parties which are in the same faction with the siege camp leader.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when either side was too weak in a siege. In cases like this, the more powerful side would sometimes try to charge without any path over the walls causing them to walk into walls.
- Fixed a rare problem with archers checking if they can see an enemy using colliders, which could cause them to face the wrong direction.
Character Development System
- Increased effect of trade skill on trade penalty to 0.4% per skill point.
- Decreased the bonus of Artisan Community and Great Investor perks.
- Implemented and fixed cultural feats in character creation.
- Increased adolescence options for the Battanian culture from 4 to 6 in character creation.
- Fixed a bug where talking with the tutorial headman gave a large amount of charm experience.
- Tweaked age progression. Characters should be looking more like their age.
Clan and Party
- Increased chance of pregnancy if the number of children is 1 or 2.
- Hero Wages are no longer 0.
- Lord parties have more experienced troops and fewer recruits. They also use their party size limit as much as possible.
- Parties do not recruit prisoners of defeated parties if they are at their party size limit. This was causing some AI parties to lose their better troops because of desertion.
- Garrison sizes are increased a bit due to the better economical management of clan leaders.
- The escape chance of prisoners is reduced by 25% when they are in mobile parties. It is reduced by 50% if they are at the player’s settlement.
- The clan leaders’ financial situation has an effect on raiding probability now, so poor clans want to raid more.
- “Donate troops” and “Inspect troops” options were disabled for caravan, villager and militia parties.
- Armies with little food now return to settlements more frequently rather than continuing their hostile plans and losing troops due to starvation.
- Parties and armies with a high wounded ratio now prefer resting in settlements more frequently to heal their troops.
- Sometimes army member parties were attacking parties more powerful than them assuming their army would help, however, they were not attached to the army leader yet and assistance from the army did not occur. This bug was fixed.
- While heading to a settlement, NPC parties sometimes also visit other settlements they are passing nearby on their way. This results in better recruitment.
- If caravans have lots of wounded troops they also wait longer in towns to recover.
- When an army visits a fortification, the player – as an army follower – can open the settlement menu with the enter settlement option.
Economy and Trade
- Players can now sell goods to caravans at a reduced price.
- Caravans are now created with sumpter horses.
- Player trade with owned caravans was disabled due to balance concerns.
- The player now has a secondary option while creating a caravan – setting it up with a higher number of better troops. However, caravan forming costs are 1.5x in this scenario.
- The weapon becoming invisible when showing the holster is activated on crafting is fixed.
Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
- Spawn probability of mercenary troops at taverns was increased from 33% to 50%.
Quests & Issues
- Fixed minor problems with Headman Needs to Deliver a Herd Quest.
- Fixed minor problems and made some design changes on Notable Wants Daughter Found Quest.
- Gang Leader Needs Weapon quest bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player completed the quest successfully.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player decided to leave the settlement when caught by quest guards.
- Fixed a bug that caused the quest log progress to reset after Save & Load.
- Fixed a notification bug when quest guards took the player’s weapons.
- Reward gold formula is changed.
- Alternative (companion) solution duration formula is changed.
- Required trade/roguery skill for companion formula is changed.
- Requested weapon amount formula is changed.
- Stealing weapon chance for quest guards formula is changed.
- From now on, quest guards will stop the player more often.
- Quest giver will no longer request crossbows.
- Fixed a problem that caused the conversation to become stuck when the player clicks the dialogue option “About the task you gave me” to the “Captured by Bounty Hunters” quest giver after saving and loading.
- Fixed the “Investigate ‘Neretzes’ Folly” quest progression regression bug that happened when a noble died that the player had talked to before.
Conversations & Encounters
- If the player is mounted, they will spawn a bit further from a conversation character when using the “Talk” button in the settlement menu.
- Disabled spawning with a horse in map conversation missions (encounters) to prevent seeing horse ears and horse harness.
- Fixed a bug that caused some conversation agents to stay focused on the player even after the conversation ends.
- Fix the waiting for nightfall bar resetting problem in hideouts when the player opens up a menu.
- Shield hitpoint values had been rebalanced based on their tier and material used.
- Peasants can no longer be upgraded into Watchmen directly.
- Stats of some faction army troops have been fixed and rebalanced in order to maintain faction balance.
- Tournaments will now have exclusive, weaker and easier to break shields.
- Our storyline brother now wears cheaper armour so players are less likely to strip him for his gear.
- All Sturgian faction troops now use round shields. They also use shields that are more fitting to their level and abilities.
- Fixed a bug that caused players who continued the game from old save files to be unable to starve.
- The reason for losing sometimes not showing up in Captain mode is fixed.
- Troop face randomisation in Captain mode spawn is fixed.
Other – Miscellaneous
- Added a cooldown for players who have left the game more than the allowed times in a given time frame. Currently, players who left matchmaker games 2 times in the last 3 hours will be blocked from matchmaking for 15 minutes.
Server & Network
- Factions for matchmaker games are now evenly distributed.
- Fixed a crash while entering a multiplayer team deathmatch.
- Official custom games now require anti-cheat.
- Added server status visual system in HUD.
- Minor tweaks and improvements to the Matchmaking tab.
- Troop type icons on top (near player avatars) is now 35% bigger while in the class selection screen.
- Fixed character customisation clothing option not working.
- Pressing ESC key on the loading screen causing an infinite loop is fixed.
- Lighting adjustments.
- Fixed parallax problems on some of the stone meshes.
- New hand shield active defend animations.
- Defend hand shield direction angles are polished.
- Removed blend durations for some of the rider fall animations.
- New idle animations added for camels.
- Riders falling from horses can only block when close to standing.
- Fixed an issue with sound devices being disabled in config files.
- Added crosshair outlines to improve crosshair visibility.
- Added a new “Vertical Aim Correction” option to gameplay options.
- Added a new “ForceVSync in menus” option to video options.
- Cavalry had a hard time adjusting their rotation in melee and especially when two AI agents fought each other they could loop around each other, major improvements have been made regarding this issue.
- Many HDD spike issues were fixed.
- Reduced memory allocations during battles and optimised some of the formations of AI. These should reduce spikes occurring during battles.
- Ragdolls and dropped items performance improvements.
- Multi-Core performance improvements.
- Performance improvements for trail effects.
- Boulders can now knock agents down.
- Fixed scale change of thrown boulders’ after they stop.
- Horses can no longer climb on ladders.
- Corpses now receive additional blood along with their surroundings.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord beta branch 1.3.0 is now available for download.
What others are Reading:
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update 1.5.7 Patch Notes Released
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update 1.4.2 Now Available on Main Steam Branch
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update 1.4.1 Main Branch Is Out
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update e1.3.1 and e1.4.0 Patch Released
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update 1.4.0 Beta Branch Patch Now Live