Stardew Valley developer has released a new update for the game, bringing a lot of new features and activities. In this guide, we will be covering the new features and other important details about the new Stardew Valley update 1.5.
Before we get started, please note that this overview contains some minor spoilers. For the full changelog of this new update, feel free to check this link.
Stardew Valley Update 1.5 Overview
New maps and locations
A whole new region with new events, NPCs, monsters and items, and the new item enchanting! You can unlock the area by doing Willy’s chain quest. Reach level 100 of the Skull Cavern and the day after you’ll receive a letter from Willy.
Inside Willy’s cabin there’s a door that leads to a broken ship, he will ask you to repair it with 200 hardwood, 5 Iridium bars, and 5 batteries. After fixing his boat you can now sail to Ginger Island for 1000g each trip.
Beach farm layout
Sprinklers do not work on sandy ground
- Gourmand Frog
- Professor Snail
New Crops and Trees
- Mahogany Tree
- Mango Tree
- Ginger and Taro Root
- Qi Fruit
Farm features and items
- Ostrich (as farm animals)
- Home expansion (upgrade thru Robin)
- Move-able bed
- You can now paint houses and buildings
- New Fertilizers (Deluxe Fertilizer, Deluxe Retaining Soil, Hyper Speed-Gro)
- New Fishing tackles (Curiosity Lure, Quality Bobber, Magic Bait)
Dwarvish forge and Weapon Enchanting
- Can be accessed in the Volcano dungeon.
- Collect crystal shards and use gems in the furnace located inside the dungeon to modify tools and weapons, and even merge rings.
- Special Orders Board (similar to a bulletin board)
- New Community Upgrade (end game)
- Shrine of Challenge (Mines and Skull Cavern difficult mode)
- Sprinklers can now be customized (range and fertilizer attachment)
- New craftable items including Coffee Maker and Cookout Kit
- You can now place most furniture outside and most importantly sit on chairs
- Improved game menus and HUD
- Plenty of new furniture (including a telephone), and character vanity items
- Options for fishing tackle sounds (can be found in-game options)
- UI can now be scaled independently
- Jukebox now has shuffle mode
- Reworked slingshot controls (can be set in-game options)
- Added Advanced game options:
- Set seed value used in randomization
- Choose default vs randomized community center bundles
- Choose default vs randomized mine chests
- Can make Red Cabbage Seeds guaranteed to sell at least once at the travelling cart in year one, so it’s always possible to finish the community center in the first year.
- Can access the profit margins and cabin related options that were previously inaccessible when creating a single player farm.
- Can toggle monsters spawning
- Added local split-screen multiplayer mode
- Added various new chat messages when a player does something
- Using the return scepter now returns farmhands to their cabin’s front door instead of the host’s farmhouse
That’s everything for this Stardew Valley update 1.5 overview. Thanks to cakeboy for providing us with this update highlight.