505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni released the newest update 1.4 for the sports car racing simulator Assetto Corsa Competizione. The new patch has been rolled out on Thursday, May 14th, to address known bugs and issues in the game.
Assetto Corsa Competizione patch version 1.4 highlights some minor changes and adjustments in gameplay, UI and HUD, physics, graphics and audio, and controls.
For the new Assetto Corsa Competizione gameplay, the developer has adjusted track limit penalty tolerance, removed invalid outlap message, and also fixed the issues which cause a game crash for the IGT championship’s last round.
Meanwhile, players will be seeing the brand-new special events page with leaderboard history, more driver customizations UI page, new rating summary, and more.
Interestingly, it seems that the previously reported issue with the Thrustmaster Steering wheels is now fixed. Previously, players are experiencing hang issues while using the steering wheel.
There are still more changes that have been implemented on this update. To know more about what’s new, feel free to check the full Assetto Corsa Competizione update 1.4 release notes below.
Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.4 Patch Notes
- New special event system allowing the creation and management of special events independently from client updates.
- Adjusted track limit penalty tolerances for straight-away DT and SG penalties.
- Post-time DT and SG conversions revised.
- Fixed crash in the last round of the official IGT championship when playing with the Walkenhorst entry.
- Removed invalid lap message for outlap.
- Brand-new special events page with leaderboard history.
- Brand-new driver customization UI page. Accessible from the Driver page and by pressing on the driver tile in the car showroom when viewing a custom car.
- Allows player to customize player outfit and also fictional team mates for Single Player game modes.
- Player outfits are also applied in Multiplayer.
- Added rating summary on MP pages.
- Updated track status and weather status indicators to provide a better indication of track conditions and weather forecast.
- Added communication message for track limits without further action.
- Improved automatic Setup UI system.
- Fixed wrong pressures and consequent wrong rod lengths and ride heights when returning to the setup after a long wait in the classification screen.
- Fixed excessive suspension oscillation while performing setup changes.
- Front Aero Variation values are now more stable and reliable.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres wear.
- Fine tuning of slick tyres tearing/graining.
- Fine tuning of wet tyres wear.
- Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
- Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
- Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
- Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
- Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
- Core engine work.
- Fixed potential hang issue with Thrustmaster wheels.
- Keyboard-controlled gear shift bindings now pass through while using a DirectInput device.
- Fixed missing spark generation on certain cars.
- Re-added opponent sparks to MP gameplay.
- FMod Studio: random offset for exterior idle sounds (removes phase shifting).
- FMod Studio: fixed idle pitch reference for Lexus RC-F.
Assetto Corsa Competizione update 1.4 is now available for download on PC via Steam.