Evil Genius 2 Update 1.8.0 Patch Notes: New Portal and Mechanical Minions DLC
Evil Genius 2 update 1.8.0 has just been released by developer Rebellion and we have the full list of the changelog for you to read. This new update was released on September 14, 2021, to address some of the known bugs and bring new features to the game.
As you can see on the title of this page, the update adds the new Portal DLC that includes a new room, 4 new traps, 4 new loot items, 3 new lair items, new decor items, and side story objectives. As for the Mechanical Minions DLC, players will be getting 2 new minion types, 3 new lair items, and side story objectives.
The new DLC for Evil Genius 2 is now available on the market. For Season Pass owners, they will automatically get the Mechanical Minions pack. Else, you have to buy it separately for $3.49 USD. Going back to the patch notes of this update, feel free to read it below.
Evil Genius 2 Update 1.8.0 Patch Notes
- Multiple issues with characters being unable to navigate to or from specific areas of a Lair have been resolved.
- Optional keyboard hotkeys added for Moving, Selling, and Toggling Power on the selected Item while in Build Mode. Find them in Gameplay Options > Keyboard & Mouse Controls.
- Characters fleeing from combat and gas clouds simultaneously will no longer become trapped in a fleeing state.
- Characters waiting to be escorted to a Holding Cell will no longer become stuck in place after repeatedly toggling power to the only usable Holding Cell in a Lair.
- Audible alerts added when the Genius or a Henchman catches fire.
- The “Floor 1” button on the HUD no longer flickers when a fire is present on other Floors of the Lair.
- Characters are now escorted to available Holding Cells correctly in unusual Lair configurations.
- Characters no longer remain stationary when assigned specific jobs in unusual Lair configurations.
- Characters no longer teleport to their destinations when assigned specific jobs in unusual Lair configurations.
- Tourists no longer become trapped in place when attempting to board the Cruise Ship in large numbers.
- Characters correctly transform into Body Bags if the Capture Tag is removed during a potentially lethal final blow.
- Tourists no longer walk through restricted areas when playing on the Montañas Gemelas Island Lair.
- Genius area of effect abilities will no longer impact minions on other floors of the Lair.
- The Build Menu information panel correctly updates when selecting a Loot item that has not been placed immediately after selecting a Loot item that has been placed in the Lair.
- The camera can no longer be positioned to clip through the Cruise Ship.
- The “Crack Shot” and “Poor Shot” Traits are now mutually exclusive.
- Extraneous button prompts and tooltips have been removed from a number of menus.
- Stability improvements and performance optimizations.
- Gamepad control and button prompt improvements.
- Text and localization improvements.
- DLC content is now available in Sandbox Mode.
- Construction visual effects will display correctly during extreme builds in Sandbox Mode.
- The “Back” button functions as intended on the Island Selection screen when starting a new Sandbox game.
- IRIS will no longer become stuck in place on the Shark Tank Trap in unusual circumstances during Emma’s Campaign Objective, “Tourists Trap”.
- Visual effects from Emma’s “Plotter” ability no longer display on Body Bags after using this ability on a Henchman shortly before Executing them.
- Incendio has the correct Crime Lord Trait and overhead icon during Emma’s Campaign Objective, “Untied Nations”.
- The “Destroy S.M.A.S.H.” Scheme no longer appears during Emma’s Campaign Objective, “Doomsday”.
- V.E.N.O.M. Gas Traps once again harm Agents as intended during Emma’s campaign.
- Feral minions are now immune to Execution attempts throughout Emma’s Campaign.
- The “Fake Schematics” Item can now be placed in the Training Room during Maximilian’s Campaign Objective, “As Broken As My Heart”.
- Crime Lord Barks will consistently match their on-screen callouts during Maximilian’s Campaign Objective, “Bury The Hatchet”.
- Writers will not attempt to flee the Lair after being captured during the Side Story, “Hearts and Masterminds”.
- Icons for Deception-class Side Stories are correctly displayed in the Objectives Screen.
Henchmen and Super Agents
- DLC Henchmen recruited after completing one or more Henchmen Improvement Research Projects will have their stats boosted correctly.
- Sir Daniel Ernest Hemingboone has had his trusty Hunting Rifle returned to him, and is once again armed for ranged combat.
- Wrecking Bola no longer becomes stuck in place when intercepted for Distract by a Deception class minion.
- The effectiveness of Blue Saint’s Smoke Bombs has been increased.
- Friendly Henchmen no longer temporarily target Doomhilda when her “Shattering Voice” ability is used nearby.
- The Pyro Henchman’s “Armageddon” ability activates more reliably when used during combat.
- The Pyro’s bark for the “Armageddon” ability will no longer be interrupted by their regular attack bark, when playing in fast forward.
- Combatants now react correctly to Espectro’s melee combat finisher.
- Clara Jones’ position marker is no longer misaligned when using a Conference Table.
- Moving a Trap while it’s active will no longer result in those characters being teleported to the intended destination of the Trap.
- The effective trigger zone for the “Shark Tank” Trap has been increased.
- Explosions from the “Puppy of Death” Trap are no longer visible when viewing other floors.
- Lair icons on the World Map now display correctly when playing as Zalika or Maximilian.
- The Cloning Machine, Basic Training, and Bush Tucker BBQ Items will be used by minions more frequently than before.
- Minions will cease using the “Melee Trainer” and “Agent Disguise Simulator” Items during High Alert.
- Minions returning dropped Ray Guns play the correct animation upon reaching the Loot item
- The “Security Checkpoint” Item correctly indicates that it increases the number of Security Cameras in the Lair by 1.
- Extraneous access point indicators (footprints) have been removed from multiple variants of Doors.
- Longer Item names are no longer truncated on tooltips.