How to Fix Field of Glory II: Medieval Low FPS, Lag, and Performance Issues (Solved)
In this guide, we will be sharing you the best settings to avoid Field of Glory II: Medieval FPS drop, in-game lag, and other performance issues. If you’re one of the players who have been getting Field of Glory II: Medieval performance issues, make sure to check the tips below.
How to Fix Field of Glory II: Medieval FPS Drop and Performance Issues
As we all know, Field of Glory II: Medieval is a game that requires good hardware. It can run in a dual-core environment but it is highly recommended to have at least Intel Core i5 processor or similar to play the game smoothly.
While there are some who have been getting a good Field of Glory II: Medieval gaming experience, there are also some gamers who are constant lag and low FPS. If you’re one of the players getting this kind of issue in Field of Glory II: Medieval, here’s our recommendation to fix this problem.
Fix 1: GPU Settings Optimization
For Nvidia users, here are the steps for how you can optimize Field of Glory II: Medieval in your PC.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel. Simply right-click on your desktop and hit the program.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings and choose Field of Glory II: Medieval from the Program Settings.
- Set Power Management to Prefer Maximum Power.
For AMD users, check the steps below to get the good settings.
- Open Radeon Settings. Simply right-click on your desktop and hit the program.
- Once done, click Settings > Switchable Graphics > and choose Field of Glory II: Medieval. If the game is not listed, hit the Browse button and search for the .exe file of the Field of Glory II: Medieval.
- Change settings to High Performance.
- Click Apply to save changes.
Nvidia and AMD control panel also offers lots of optimization that you can play with. Some of the features that you can look are Sharpening, Anisotropic Filtering, OpenGL Triple Buffering, Texture Filtering Quality, and more. If your monitor supports G-Sync feature, you can try enabling that one too.
Fix 2: Windows Graphic Settings Prioritization
Usually, the settings that have been mentioned above will already fix the FPS drop and other performance issues in Field of Glory II: Medieval. But if you want to get more improvement, please following the steps below.
- Open Graphics Settings from your computer. You can easily access this option by typing Graphics Settings in the search bar.
- By default, you will be seeing the Classic App.
- Click Browse and search for the .exe file of Field of Glory II: Medieval.
- Click Options and select High Performance.
- Click the Save button to save changes.
- Go to the installation folder of Field of Glory II: Medieval and launch the game as an administrator.
Fix 3: Update GPU Drivers
Graphics card manufacturers have been constantly releasing new updates on their product to optimize every new application that is being released in the market. If you haven’t updated your graphics card for a while now, you should definitely get the new update today. We have already compiled the links below to make things easier for you.
Fix 4: Field of Glory II: Medieval Visual Settings
Last but not least is the actual visual optimization inside Field of Glory II: Medieval. By default, Field of Glory II: Medieval will be automatically choosing the medium settings for your PC. Depending on your hardware, you can play with the graphic settings in the game.
Upon setting up the Field of Glory II: Medieval graphics settings, you can try playing the game and see if you’re getting a good FPS. Steam has a feature to show the actual FPS while in-game. To do this, go to Steam > Settings > In-game FPS counter > choose the location. If you want to use a third-party application to see the FPS, we recommend using Install MSI Afterburner.